Question 4K or LG OLED?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by pompeyjim, Jun 11, 2015.

1. pompeyjim

pompeyjim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Ok so I posted a question on what tv to buy for £1500, but I have just seen the LG 55UE930V in store and was very impressed by the picture quality.

Since picture quality is my main preference, would not getting a 4K set be much of a problem? and I know the LG is above £1500 but i was that impressed by the quality, I don't mind paying more.

What is a good 4K alternative to the LG?

2. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I have the same dilema, there are two issues for me - absolute pic quality and the OLED picture is so impressive, then the 4k question!
    I bought a 40" Samsung 4k for my bedroom two weeks ago and streaming 4k content from anything that offers it is impressive but the PQ of the 4k panel is not so good because it has patches where light comes through on dark images.. I will run it for a month and if its not any better it will go back to costco.
    I want an OLED because both issues as above will be met. Therefore I am going to hang on unless I see a cheaper 1080p OLED for mid term until the 4k sets drop in price to the low £2k's.

I suggest that getting an OLED is probably the best way to go and then when the 4k content becomes more readily available (end of this year some say) jump to that or hang on til xmas?

3. Trend

Trend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I got the LG 930 OLED last year for £1,999 with 5 yr guarantee (Bentalls) and am delighted with the picture quality. Inbuilt streaming (infinity wired), Apple TV and blu -ray give brilliant pictures and it goes through AV for sound so that's not an issue.

It replaced a 58" Panasonic plasma (8 years old) and gives a superior picture.

There are so many changes at the moment that this will do pretty much everything I want until 4K, HDR and related issues are settled.

I also think that HDMI may be on its last legs as the capacity is so stretched now - perhaps superMHL will soon be the emerging standard

If you're on the fence then I'd recommend the 930

4. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    LG OLED, picture quality is amazing!

5. sandman666

sandman666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well i was in the same boat as you recently mate and after much deliberating over OLED and 4K and many hours of reading reviews by customers and experts alike,i decided to go for the Samsung UE55JU7500 4K UHD set.

The curve is a bit pointless imho on anything under 65" but the tv itself is just jaw droppingly amazing in every other area,even the 5.1 dolby digital sound from the onboard speakers just blew me away.

So glad i went for the samsung as i cant find anything i dont like or that dissapoints me so far,and now that the picture settings have been tweaked to the recomended for this set,WOWWWWWW.:D:smashin: