4K LG **UB850V and **UB950V

Hi I have a lg the ub850v and have to say the motion blur when im watching football and playing fifa 15 is awful, I contacted lg they told me to send videos of my tv blurring which I did, they never got back in touch so I rang them, they said they had looked at them and couldn't see anything so I then took my xbox one to currys and explained that the tv had bad blur they also said it shouldn't have, so I plugged my xbox into the stores ub850 to prove my point to which they all agreed it was doing it, basically it's driving me crazy I hate this tv and am now stuck with it so can anyone give me any settings that work for them, I've played with all the setting's tru motion etc and even have a £90 4k lead that they conned me into buying which does no more than xbox standard 4k lead. The sound sync is bad to even with the av sync you can 1 channel close but never perfect, but it's when you do that then you go on to the next channel and it's a mile out and it's like that for all devices I have plugged and even live tv i regret buying this tv so much in future I will always read up on them b4 I buy 1.

I play Fifa on Xbox one on my LG TV with no issues at all.

There is an extra menu in the playback settings on the bottom of the screen, go right and there is an option there, working from memory here.

Edit, here you go

1) Play your movie
2) Hit Pause.
3) In the Pause menu click on the little arrow on the right hand side.
4) Click on the button that says 'Sub'
5) Click on Internal or External
6) There is the hidden menu
7) On the left is button Sub On/Off

Enjoy :smashin:
Tried that already but no go subs button is greyed out but thks

hi. i've just bought the lg ub850v, and have noticed very faint vertical dark lines on screen. particularly when watching sport when there's a lot of one colour. such as lots of green when watching football. when the camera pans, you can see the lines. this is mainly when watching sky tv. netflix etc isn't as bad but it's still noticeable. Is this an issue with TV or is it just the settings? any tips for expert settings appreciated. i have tried swapping the hdmi cable etc and it makes no difference. many thanks

i dont know why my tv picture quality is very bad even sky hd 1080i/i tried every way to fix that. but picture is very rubish.before i had samsung hd tv. sky news channel are very crisp and clear.but with this tv all imagers are blury like standerd tv. an exsample.grass on the feild i could get sharp details on grass but with this tv grass are not clear. can anyone tell what is the problum. i have new firmwere
thanks

N
Is your xbox the issue???????, 90 quid lolololol . Return the lead Now .
No it does it when im watching sport too and as far as the lead goes I've got it in the xbox now and am probably just telling myself this but I think it makes a slight difference and trust with how bad it is that is something lol

Hi everybody. Sometimes my lg 850 gives "cit" sound like electrical or expanding. Maybe playing ps4 it comes more than usual. Do you have any advice ?

I updated the Netflix as well and the only thing I noticed was that the new Marco Polo series was showing as HD but after the update it is now showing as 4k. Anyone else notice that? Or is my mind playing tricks!

It was always 4k for me from day one. Didn't notice anything different. Didn't even know there was a zoom or why I would need it.

55ub850v fw.04.36.32
Played some ps3 via hdmi2 and it started to say not enough memory to run this program (my translate from Finnish to English). It was looping this until i rebooted my tv. There was nothing else running in backround. I think this is not how tv should be at all... Crashing input... omg.

Anyone got tre calibrations settings for ub950? :)

And is there any beta fw out there I should use?

Hi all happy Xmas

I have an issue with my new 55ub850v-zd

The other night I was changing channels and I went past the channel I wanted so I rolled the wheel backwards to get to the channel I wanted at that moment I lost all of the bbcs I had about 20 itv 1 channels all one after another. And numerous other issues with the channel setup.
Thing is it took me about 3 evenings to get all the watchable channels in order and condensed. I called Harvey Normans and I listened to them they told me to reset the channels and reload them again so I now have all my channels back but there spread out over 4-500 channels.
There is an option in the program setup to save your channel setup to usb so I'm hoping someone on here that lives in the uk or ireland could upload this file and save me a lot of time setting up my channels as well.

Also can someone tell me how many cores this telly has as was talking to lg this morning about this and they couldn't. I was told it was quad core when I bought it but it can be really slow and laggy. I understand it takes about 1 min for the telly to boot but there's times after the telly has been on for ages when I try to change channels but it doesn't. The mouse on the screen appears and does the animation of changing channels but it doesn't.

The telly is on software version 04.36.32 is there an update as my telly says unable to check for updates.
Web os 1.3.1-3832

Thanks in advance

Do you use Arc? I realize when the tv is on for long it becomes very laggy when I use Arc.

Last edited:
No
Audio return channel using HDMI.

I'll check that when I get home
Don't suppose you have the channel list to upload here

Also how do you get the telly to display what's on the station you change to. I have to press the wheel twice to find out what's on the station I have changed to

Hi
Do you use Arc? I realize when the tv is on for long it becomes very laggy when I use Arc.

just realised this doesn't apply to my issue as I'm using the built in sat tuner not using hdmi for watching telly at all

The telly is on software version 04.36.32 is there an update as my telly says unable to check for updates.
Web os 1.3.1-3832
Ok. Install the updates if there are any. It made things a lot smoother for me.

Web os 1.3.1-3832

It won't let me update is it up to date on this firmware

We are in different regions. If it is unable to check for updates maybe it does not have an Internet connection or their servers are down. I am sure there is an update.

Tried again to check for updates but it says unable to check

I went to the web browser and it works fine and it says it's connect to the net in settings so maybe their servers are down.

I'll keep trying but would love some answers to my other questions

Especially how do you get the telly to display what program is on the station you Change to rather than having to press extra buttons

We are in different regions. If it is unable to check for updates maybe it does not have an Internet connection or their servers are down. I am sure there is an update.
gain

I updated the Netflix as well and the only thing I noticed was that the new Marco Polo series was showing as HD but after the update it is now showing as 4k. Anyone else notice that? Or is my mind playing tricks!

IMO,,,, The LG Netflix App is messed up.. I use to be able to have three choices in the Aspect menu.. Original, Full, & Zoom on all Netflix streaming movies... Now,, On certain Netflix movies Zoom and Full is now disabled, and Greyed out displaying Original.. I can no longer Zoom "Star Trek into Darkness" or "GI Joe The Rise of Cobra".. For some reason other movies will still allow for Zoom like "World War Z".. LG needs to look into this as the Zoom isn't even that great as it needs and additional Zoom step.. Plus, some movies on Netflix are soooo messed up.. I tried playing Star Trek The Original Series Season 2, Episode #8 titled "I MUDD".. This 4x3 shot episode is totally shifted to the left by around 6".. Leaving a thin white vertical line on the right side.. Unwatchable!! How this passed Netflix quality control is beyond me!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom