4K LG **UB850V and **UB950V

you will have to change the connection settings for the individual devices connected example change hdmi 1 to home theatre and set top box to hdmi 2 this is how I got it working. wouldn't work with my home theatre on hdmi 2.
so you managed to get ARC working by connecting your home theatre system to HDMI1? I thought it was only HDMI 2 that worked with ARC?

so you managed to get ARC working by connecting your home theatre system to HDMI1? I thought it was only HDMI 2 that worked with ARC?
And me but it works brill everytime I switch my tv on, it turns my home theatre on control everything through tv remote. Make sure you go through connection settings again and change the hdmi setting to home theatre and you have simplink turn on

And me but it works brill everytime I switch my tv on, it turns my home theatre on control everything through tv remote. Make sure you go through connection settings again and change the hdmi setting to home theatre and you have simplink turn on
So you can have the sound from the tv's webos Netflix, Youtube etc coming through your home theatre via ARC by using HDMI 1?

So you can have the sound from the tv's webos Netflix, Youtube etc coming through your home theatre via ARC by using HDMI 1?
Yeap all works fine inhave optical conected also but leave sound setting on tv as arc

The sound is not coming through ARC but the optical cable. SIMPLINK can work with any of the HDMI inputs. I gave up on ARC because I have multiple devices connected to the receiver and the TV keeps switching the input to TV.

Last edited:
The sound is not coming through ARC but the optical cable. SIMPLINK can work with any of the HDMI inputs. I gave up on ARC because I have multiple devices connected to the receiver and the TV keeps switching the input to TV.
yeap the sound is from the optical but the tv turns the theatre on/off when ever i turn the tv off/on. But the sound still works without optical in. I only connected optical as i had a slight delay from pic to sound with out it

Would anyone happen to know why this TV's picture and settings menus have a 5- 10 second or so loading screen during the first time you use it after power up? I have not seen any other TV act this way. I just don't get it? Why does the picture and settings menus need to load after power up? I would have thought that more recent software would have resolved that.

Would anyone happen to know why this TV's picture and settings menus have a 5- 10 second or so loading screen during the first time you use it after power up? I have not seen any other TV act this way. I just don't get it? Why does the picture and settings menus need to load after power up? I would have thought that more recent software would have resolved that.

Indeed it's a bit slow. Apparently this is linked with WebOS loading. That is why LG recently announced that their next TVs will be equipped with WebOS 2.0 which they claim is much more reactive.

Indeed it's a bit slow. Apparently this is linked with WebOS loading. That is why LG recently announced that their next TVs will be equipped with WebOS 2.0 which they claim is much more reactive.
Here's hoping their current 4k webos TV's will receive the same treatment, i for one wont be forking out for another TV for a long time, besides i think my 49UB850 is an amazing tv and the recent official firmware just enhances the tv PQ even more. I will admit i wont be happy with LG if they don't update our current webos TV's to the newer standard .

Smartshare anyone know how to turn off subs on a film followed many example but the sub button is always greyed out simply terrible come on LG do an update to turn subs off all films please

Hi I have a lg the ub850v and have to say the motion blur when im watching football and playing fifa 15 is awful, I contacted lg they told me to send videos of my tv blurring which I did, they never got back in touch so I rang them, they said they had looked at them and couldn't see anything so I then took my xbox one to currys and explained that the tv had bad blur they also said it shouldn't have, so I plugged my xbox into the stores ub850 to prove my point to which they all agreed it was doing it, basically it's driving me crazy I hate this tv and am now stuck with it so can anyone give me any settings that work for them, I've played with all the setting's tru motion etc and even have a £90 4k lead that they conned me into buying which does no more than xbox standard 4k lead. The sound sync is bad to even with the av sync you can 1 channel close but never perfect, but it's when you do that then you go on to the next channel and it's a mile out and it's like that for all devices I have plugged and even live tv i regret buying this tv so much in future I will always read up on them b4 I buy 1.

Last edited:
£90 has to be a record!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-23-17-06-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-23-17-06-17.png
    280.9 KB · Views: 141

Hi I have a lg the ub850v and have to say the motion blur when im watching football and playing fifa 15 is awful, I contacted lg they told me to send videos of my tv blurring which I did, they never got back in touch so I rang them, they said they had looked at them and couldn't see anything so I then took my xbox one to currys and explained that the tv had bad blur they also said it shouldn't have, so I plugged my xbox into the stores ub850 to prove my point to which they all agreed it was doing it, basically it's driving me crazy I hate this tv and am now stuck with it so can anyone give me any settings that work for them, I've played with all the setting's tru motion etc and even have a £90 4k lead that they conned me into buying which does no more than xbox standard 4k lead. The sound sync is bad to even with the av sync you can 1 channel close but never perfect, but it's when you do that then you go on to the next channel and it's a mile out and it's like that for all devices I have plugged and even live tv i regret buying this tv so much in future I will always read up on them b4 I buy 1.

Duly noted.

have to say the motion blur when im watching football and playing fifa 15 is awful

This does sound like it could be firmware version and/or settings related. I know that this has been improved vastly in the last 3 months or so since I got my unit, and can be pretty poor if tru motion is on the wrong setting.

My TV is running the latest 04.40.34 firmware (prompted for a download today) and I've got Real Cinema set to ON and Tru-Motion set OFF.

It's worth baring in mind that most store units won't of been updated since delivery, and will be running a comparatively poor firmware now!

Yeah I get that but my tv has had atleast 3 firmware updates now and the blur is still the same as it was when I bought it, I've tried all the different settings on and off and inbetween I'm sick of playing with the setting's, bring back plasma please!!!!

Smartshare anyone know how to turn off subs on a film followed many example but the sub button is always greyed out simply terrible come on LG do an update to turn subs off all films please
There is an extra menu in the playback settings on the bottom of the screen, go right and there is an option there, working from memory here.

Edit, here you go

1) Play your movie
2) Hit Pause.
3) In the Pause menu click on the little arrow on the right hand side.
4) Click on the button that says 'Sub'
5) Click on Internal or External
6) There is the hidden menu
7) On the left is button Sub On/Off

Enjoy :smashin:

Last edited:

I think you shall still try to send it back, I don't have those problems and it seems your TV is broken, push them until they change it and the do an update and try again.
Hope you can change it !!

Yeah I get that but my tv has had atleast 3 firmware updates now and the blur is still the same as it was when I bought it, I've tried all the different settings on and off and inbetween I'm sick of playing with the setting's, bring back plasma please!!!!
Have you tried restoring to factory settings? Sometimes some previous issues from early fws can still be lurking around.

I think it depends on the TV. The lower models probably have much slower processors causing lag. On the 9500 it is really fast.

Is your xbox the issue???????, 90 quid lolololol . Return the lead Now .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom