4K HDR10/10+ player for Samsung QN9xA series

KateB

Novice Member
Hi all.

As the title suggests I'm looking for a 4K player for my soon to be bought Samsung QN9xA.

As Samsung only has HDR 10 & 10+ the player needs to support both of those.

Budget is £300 ish and naturally I'm looking for the absolute best picture quality I can get in that price range.

Thank you.

Katie.

Nedy71

Standard Member
Hi all.

As the title suggests I'm looking for a 4K player for my soon to be bought Samsung QN9xA.

As Samsung only has HDR 10 & 10+ the player needs to support both of those.

Budget is £300 ish and naturally I'm looking for the absolute best picture quality I can get in that price range.

Thank you.

Katie.
Zidoo

KateB

Novice Member
Thank you Nedy71.

I've just been watching some videos on those players and from what I can tell you need to have another 4K player to put the disc in so you can rip it onto the hard drive in the Zidoo? I may be wrong, please correct me if so.

I probably wasn't clear, all I want is a disc player, like a standard DvD/Blu-ray player where I put physical store bought discs in but in 4K HDR 10 & 10+.

Thank you.

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Thank you Nedy71.

I've just been watching some videos on those players and from what I can tell you need to have another 4K player to put the disc in so you can rip it onto the hard drive in the Zidoo? I may be wrong, please correct me if so.

I probably wasn't clear, all I want is a disc player, like a standard DvD/Blu-ray player where I put physical store bought discs in but in 4K HDR 10 & 10+.

Thank you.

Panasonic UB450 or UB820 fit your budget. Both have HDR10/HDR10+.

Last edited:

KateB

Novice Member
Thank you two2midnight.

Is the 820 really worth nearly double the price of the 450? I'm happy to pay the extra but equally would be happy to save myself some money if it's not worth it.

Thank you.

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Thank you two2midnight.

Is the 820 really worth nearly double the price of the 450? I'm happy to pay the extra but equally would be happy to save myself some money if it's not worth it.

Thank you.
For your TV probably not. UB820 has features which improve over the UB450 for older TVs and projectors. It also has more picture adjustment controls and playback info screens. None of which are essential. Plus apps which the UB450 doesn't have. But most people use the TV ones so no big loss.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom