louisg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a 4K HDR TV for my bedroom. TV will be used for watching Netflix, Amazon Prime TV mainly. Budget is £400

Choice is between these 3 from Richer sounds.

LG 43UJ670V
Samsung UE40MU6120
Panasonic TX40EX600B

HDR is going to be severely limited on models at this price. If you are explicitly buying a TV expecting HDR to look good, I'm afraid you will probably be disappointed.

Out of the models you have suggested the Samsung or Panasonic would be the ones I would go for. But I would also probably spend a little more on the tier up; MU64xx and EX700 instead so at least they have wide colour gamuts for more saturated colours with HDR.

When it comes to model names, anything from Samsung beginning with UE40MU61 is the same TV. The last two digits can mean little things like differences in design or remote.

So these are all the same TV

And these are all the Same MU64xx (one of the models I would suggest going for)

Hi Dodge,

Thank you for the advice and details. The two links didn’t work but to narrow down which Tv you mentioned would you recommend out of these please

Panasonic TX40EX700B
Samsung UE40MU6400

Thank you

@louisg links should work fine on desktop view, may not work too good on mobile view. But yes those are two I suggested.

It must be because I’m using my phone. Are both of the above TV’s on par with one another? Or would you suggest one over the other?

Thanks

They are on a par, I would just get whichever ticks the most boxes for you when it comes to smart TV and aesthetics.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom