4k HDR setup

colheath

Hi,
I've just recently got a Philips 50PUS7383/12, my Xbox One S is connected to it through a Yamaha RX-V679 receiver.

Display & Sound 4K TV details shows as follows:

Watching movies & TV
Your TV setup does not support 4K 10-bit at 50Hz
Your TV setup does not support 4K 10-bit at 60Hz
Playing Games
Your TV setup does not support 4K 10-bit at 60Hz
Your TV setup does not support HDR10 for gaming.

So is this normal, or a setup problem with Xbox, amp, or TV?

Cheers

dannius

You might be better off asking in the TV forum. Your TV does appear to support HDR10, so have you tried connecting the Xbox directly to the TV to see if it works? If so, then it's probably related to the receiver.

steb9780

I had to switch on a setting on my Yamaha receiver to enable HDR passthrough when I first set it up. Had me stumped for hours.

steb9780

This what I had to do, not sure if it's the same for your model though. Mine works perfectly since I set this up

Attachments

t-force

I don't have the same amp as you, but when I was setting up my XB1X, I had the same problem, before I discovered (thanks to the forums) that the HDMI socket I was using on the amp couldn't take a 4K signal, so that might be worth checking.

colheath

Thanks all, changing to mode 1 on the receiver didn't solve the issue, I've changed the HDMI Cable to a new high speed one, I'll try a different socket on the amp and then give direct to tv a go.

Cheers.

colheath

You might be better off asking in the TV forum. Your TV does appear to support HDR10, so have you tried connecting the Xbox directly to the TV to see if it works? If so, then it's probably related to the receiver.
All green ticks when connected directly to TV, thanks