Question 4k/hdr moniter?

brandy123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I will be selling my dell s2716dg 144hz gsync moniter soon as I’m looking to connect a Xbox x and PS4 pro so what 4k/hdr moniters should I be looking at ?
It would be sitting on my desk so nothing bigger than 32inch,

I would get a tv 4K 144hz monitors with hdr will set you back a couple of grand and no pc will drive that either. Consoles only do 60hz max

I already have a 50 inch 4k/hdr tv but upon moving and downsizing from 2 living rooms to one the tv will be our main tv for viewing so would need something that I can use for pc gaming,Xbox x and PS4 pro for my desk.

Stick with what you've got viewing at 2 -3 feet you won't notice the difference in games.

Stick with what you've got viewing at 2 -3 feet you won't notice the difference in games.

So if you was me you would keep my 1440p 27 inch dell and connect my Xbox x and ps pro to it ?

So if you was me you would keep my 1440p 27 inch dell and connect my Xbox x and ps pro to it ?

Yes. As has been said they both only output at 60Hz. Your PC can happily drive your current monitor at near its full frame rate in most games. It would struggle to get 60Hz at 4K.

Unless you want to spend £3 - £4K on a fast RTX2080Ti and a 4K monitor that you will struggle to see the difference in game resolution. If you were playing on a 55" or larger screen you would notice a difference but not on a 32".

Thanks guys for your help

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom