Question 4K hdr iPlayer on V6 World Cup matches

moedeeb

Established Member
Reaction score
If you set the iPlayer app to beta you can now get a demo loop of 4K hdr football. It shows up as hdr (presumably HLG) on my Sony xe93. The picture is a bit choppy and sound drops out after a min or so. Has anyone else got picture and sound working via a V6 box to a hdr (hlg) capable tv. I think this is the first hdr experience so far on the V6. It would be good to get it working as the app on the TV itself doesn’t seem to have the 4K football test available and it fails to work on my ROKU as well where I get a hdcp error.

If you set the iPlayer app to beta you can now get a demo loop of 4K hdr football. It shows up as hdr (presumably HLG) on my Sony xe93. The picture is a bit choppy and sound drops out after a min or so. Has anyone else got picture and sound working via a V6 box to a hdr (hlg) capable tv. I think this is the first hdr experience so far on the V6. It would be good to get it working as the app on the TV itself doesn’t seem to have the 4K football test available and it fails to work on my ROKU as well where I get a hdcp error.
Hi moedeeb, the V6 works ok in iPlayerbeta in HGL on my Sony A1.The main proviso is you need to connect the Tivo to the TV with a HDCP 2.2 certified cable. The should cure the pictur and sound dropouts.
Regards Ian.

Hi moedeeb, the V6 works ok in iPlayerbeta in HGL on my Sony A1.The main proviso is you need to connect the Tivo to the TV with a HDCP 2.2 certified cable. The should cure the pictur and sound dropouts.
Regards Ian.

Does your A1 auto-switch to HLG mode? My ZD9 plays the test perfectly but I don't get HLG/HDR picture modes switching.

Does your A1 auto-switch to HLG mode? My ZD9 plays the test perfectly but I don't get HLG/HDR picture modes switching.
Hi, just returned from holiday. Yes the A1 switches to HLG automatically. Checking on the picture menu shows it is outputting HDR.
TV screen shows BBC UHD. Regards Ian.

Hi, just returned from holiday. Yes the A1 switches to HLG automatically. Checking on the picture menu shows it is outputting HDR.
TV screen shows BBC UHD. Regards Ian.

Cheers Ian, solved it by switching HDMI ports.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom