4K HDMI Switcher/splitter?

terryd1980

Novice Member
Reaction score
Got a few questions here regarding 4K resolution and splitters/switches etc....

Ok so iv got a '4K LG TV', which only has one 4K HDMI 2.0 port, the rest are standard 1.4 HMDI ports, iv also got 3 x 4K enabled devices, namely an Xbox One S, a Tivo V6 box and a 4K Android enabled box.

Iv also got a standard cheap 4 way 1080p HDMI switch box (not 4k) so anything plugged into this switch is only coming through at 1080p, not 4K, so iv taken this device out of the equation for now.

Questions i have are:

Do all recent '4K TV's' still only come with 1 x HDMI ports these days? Are there any TV's out there currently rolling out with all ports being on this latest version of HDMI 2.0 port?

Im looking at 4K Switches online, some of the cheaper ones are showing that it supports 4K but only up to something like 30hz and limited resolution, so am i looking at paying for one of the more expensive styles of 4K switches to ensure i get suitable resolution, transfer rates and frame per second rates for say my Xbox One S for gaming etc?

Thanks for the link I'm sure it's a very good piece of kit, probably slightly out of my price range though!

Understood but after years of working with HDMI we decided only to sell stuff we knew would work 99% of the time (100% is hard to achieve with hdmi)

I don't suppose anyone else has any other suggestions that doesnt involve me in spending over £163 do they?

Ignore HDMI port labelling which mentions HDMI Version numbers - means nothing.

You do have to look carefully at which Feature each Port on a TV supports as like yours very many TV's have different Feature sets on different Inputs.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom