4K HDMI Splitter with Downscale and EDID from £23.99 to £16.38. Expires 31/08/21

Coco0202

Novice Member
I purchased a HDMI splitter (PORTTA 1x2 HDMI Splitter with EDID [email protected] YUV 4:4:4 HDMI 2.0 Splitter Supports Multi-Resolution Output Downscale HDR HDCP 2.2 18Gbps / Cascadable)Amazon product
I have an amplifier and headphone decoder box that do not passthrough HDR.

My Epson Projector and PC both support HDR and 4K, so I want to connect PC to Portta HDMI splitter input and connect output 1 to Epson projector for 4K HDR picture @60Hz and output 2 to my amplifier and headphone decoder for sound.

When I choose the EDID setting “learning EDID from Output 1) I get 4K HDR picture on my projector but no sound. On other settings I get picture and sound but no HDR.

I contact the seller, the seller said it cannot be output 4K HDR+DTS HD 7.1 at the same time, only 4K HDR 2.0 or 1080p7.1CH.

This product is not of any use to me. I return this splitter, because I don’t want to replace my amplifier or headphone decoder. I want 4K HDR @60Hz picture displayed on my screen. And DTS HD Master 7.1 audio or Dolby TrueHD 7.1 audio through my receiver and headphone decoder. I think the price looks good, if you want 4K and 1080p output at the same time, I recommended this product.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom