4k HDMI cable 8m long for PJ

bittihuduga

hi
looking for a long HDMI cable that will be run behind the plasterboard of wall.
hence i need something great with reliability
8m
source Yamaha AVR
display SONY VPL290ES projector
mainly to watch movies on pj.
any suggestions please.
i see Atzebe and ruipro here. please guide

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
‘i need something great with reliability’ - that would be the conduit the cable is run in, any cable can fail, be damaged or become obsolete. Always plan around being able to replace the installed cable.

Solid core, non-CCS/CCA, CAT6 is a good backup option if you think replacing the cable would be an issue at a later date.

The HDFury 10m Hybrid Fibre cables have been very consistent and reliable so far - we have supplied a fair few of them.

Joe

bittihuduga

thank you @Joe Fernand
how to achieve this - "Always plan around being able to replace the installed cable"
do i run a spare cable or how to replace cables behind the plasterboard

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you can run a suitable size conduit behind the plasterboard you then run the HDMI cable plus a pull cord within the conduit.

If conduit is not possible you can consider a pull cord and ensure it can run freely without snagging if you ever had to use it to ‘fish’ a new cable through.

CAT6 allows you to add a suitable HDMI over CAT Extender pair should you not be able to use or replace the installed HDMI cable.

Joe

Otto Pylot

On this side of the pond, we recommend a 1.5"-2.0" flexible conduit (SmurfTube is one example). It's also best to use a smooth-walled conduit if possible. Lay in a pull string as well. Installing solid core CAT-6, cable, as suggested above, is also a good idea in case you might need it for future use (HDBT to extending an ethernet connection). For in-wall installations, conduit is the ONLY way to future proof.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'On this side of the pond' - we build very different homes :)

We do recommend conduit but have to be realistic about UK building standards and retro fitting conduit is far from a trivial task.

Joe

Steve Stifler

@Joe Fernand would this HDF cable be flexible? My old Bluejeans HDMI has just failed and part of the cause was the sheer weight and stiffness of the cable. Shame it worked great.

Thanks

PS it’s running between an Anthem MRX720 and an Epson LS10500.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
@Steve Stifler the HDFury cables are very thin and flexible and the metal clam shell is compact and lightweight.

Very different to your BJC cable.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom