• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question 4k firestick with TW7400 - audio issue

soundchip

Established Member
I am trying to get a 4k firestick to work with my TW7400 projector.

I have a Humax box S1100 connected to HDMI 2 working fine as this goes through a HDMI audio extractor and into my amp.

However, I have my 4k stick installed into HDMI 1 (2.2) so that I can stream in 4k and see a picture displayed on my screen fine, however how do I get the audio out, if I don't have a AV amp?, instead I have a NAD amp with RCA phono input connections. I realise 1 solution would be to buy an AV amp, but I can't do this right now.

Does anyone know of a connector available allowing me to do this please? - if so, could they send a link to it please.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
A multiple Input HDMI Switch which is 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 compatible and has audio out (optical or 2RCA) is the ideal option and connect both Sources to the Switch or you need to add a 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 audio extractor to the Firestick 4K.

Joe

soundchip

Established Member
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

With my current HDMI switch box, I just press the front switch and it moves channel.

If I switch to an AV amp, I understand all HDMI connections connect into the amp, only how does switching channels work if I move to an AV amp please?
Are there budget AV amps that you would suggest too, so I can take a look at them?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
AV Amp - assuming you mean to replace the NAD HiFi amp would have multiple HDMI Inputs, one or more HDMI Outputs plus speaker outputs and control via push button, IR or an App.

HDMI Switch (with audio extractor) - you could replace the current switch with something which supports 4K UHD/HDCP2.2 and use it much as you do your non-4K switch at present.

Amp - which NAD Amp and which speakers do you have?

Joe

soundchip

Established Member
The NAD amp I have is 'stereo amplifier 302'.
I know I need to upgrade at some point.

Looked a little at 4k HDMI switches with RCA output as well and at present this is the only one I've come across so far. Would really appreciate any views your have on it. Is it a case of buy and test!!.

Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom