4K firestick into HDMI1 tw7400 or amp

soundchip

I'm running a TW7400 with 4K firestick, with the firestick right next to the router running by Wi-Fi. The 4k stick then connects into the Denon x2700H amp.

I'm also running a Humax S1110 box that outputs as HD res.

At present I am running 1 HDMI cable from HDMI port 1 of tw7400 into the Denon and then Humax connects into an input.

Would I see any performance difference if I run the 4K stick on HDMI port 1 of the tw7400 and then run the Humax from HDMI port 2 given this port can only run at HD res? but then shouldn't the x2700 upscale the picture to 4k or 8k res anyway?

Many thanks

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
One thing to be aware of when up-scaling/up-sampling/down-scaling/down-sampling an image. It's a bit like bubble gum, in its smallest form, you cannot see any holes in it, yet if you stretch and compress it and then stretch it again and again, holes do appear. In principle this is exactly what can happen with stretching and compress an image to

Ideally you want to identify which has the best scaling system. Usually to that device you would send a native image which would be 100% of the original footage. Anything other than this could show unwanted artifacts which could be deemed as holes in the bubble gum

So if your amp is the best at sampling, then it would need to be set to the projectors optimum resolution whereas if its the projector, then the amp would not alter the image in anyway using the bypass feature

Now one thing to be aware of, I've seen a couple of examples of Amazon firesticks showing unusual effects in the image which seem to be linked toward the data stream. They seem to be fine for TV, but projectors being exceptionally good at finding fault in an image seems to be very good at finding these unwanted effects.

With luck you will be fine, however if you do see some unusual effect, it will most likely be the Firestick and that also links be back to trying to allow the projector to see 100% of what it see's even if it connected to the AVR so the amp bypasses the signal

Upvote 0

soundchip

Thanks for your reply

So are you saying plug the 4k stick into AV amp or directly into the projector on HDMI 1?
Id need an adapter with ethernet if I were to plug into HDMI on PJ as the projector is in another room - do you know of a good 1GB adapter to hand that would work with a firestick?

Which do you think will provide better resolution and performance?

Upvote 0

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Firestick into the amp :smashin:

I'd just leave it on auto for the resolution and let it do what it wishes to do. If however you do mess with the output resolution and see a difference which you prefer, keep it on that

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom