4K fire stick queries.

Daveyboy1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, just a couple of queries with the fire stick 4K.

1. updates were all done but last update said downloading for ages and never looked like it completed. Came off screen and went back and no longer said updating just check for update.
I did a factory reset and exactly the same thing happened. The download would get to 90% or so and stay there indefinitely. Again coming off the screen and going back to where you update just stated check for updates.
now when I hit check for updates the box changes to checking now. This never changes and no updates show but equally it doesn’t stop and say no updates found or that it’s up to date.
I’ve rebooted stick and as I say factory reset a couple of times.
does it simply mean there are no updates available and the one that was stuck downloading actually downloaded and installed in background?
The actual version etc seems to be the current version available but just seems weird that it doesn’t say I’m using latest software when I check for updates and just stays in the checking now screen indefinitely now.

2. YouTube doesn’t frame match and seems really stuttery. Anyone else have this issue? Roku and tv built in apps all frame match and are smooth but fire stick stays at 59.93 FPS for all content and even content such as hdr 60fps is not smooth and stutters every couple of frames. Any ideas or is the app just broken on fire stick?

Hi, just a couple of queries with the fire stick 4K.

1. updates were all done but last update said downloading for ages and never looked like it completed. Came off screen and went back and no longer said updating just check for update.
I did a factory reset and exactly the same thing happened. The download would get to 90% or so and stay there indefinitely. Again coming off the screen and going back to where you update just stated check for updates.
now when I hit check for updates the box changes to checking now. This never changes and no updates show but equally it doesn’t stop and say no updates found or that it’s up to date.
I’ve rebooted stick and as I say factory reset a couple of times.
does it simply mean there are no updates available and the one that was stuck downloading actually downloaded and installed in background?
The actual version etc seems to be the current version available but just seems weird that it doesn’t say I’m using latest software when I check for updates and just stays in the checking now screen indefinitely now.

2. YouTube doesn’t frame match and seems really stuttery. Anyone else have this issue? Roku and tv built in apps all frame match and are smooth but fire stick stays at 59.93 FPS for all content and even content such as hdr 60fps is not smooth and stutters every couple of frames. Any ideas or is the app just broken on fire stick?

Only Amazon Prime, Plex and derivatives frame match.

Only Amazon Prime, Plex and derivatives frame match.

BT sport also frame matches. But it’s only amazon and BT that I’ve found on the stick that does it.

it doesn’t bother me that YouTube isn’t frame matching but it’s too juttery to watch really.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom