4K Disc Delivery Updates

6D7AA0EF-A9C4-4552-B6F4-AEC62B6E09BB.jpeg

Arrived today from WOWHD posted 28 May:thumbsup:

Took a punt and ordered from Mario on May 25th, no sign yet.

Anyone done a bulk order (£100+) with Mario? Do you get hit with customs?

Today's delivery from Zoom, plus some other cheapies:
jsm4gi8h.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone done a bulk order (£100+) with Mario? Do you get hit with customs?

I’ve placed several £100+ bulk orders with him in the past. They come through fine, and he packs them very well in an appropriately sized box with added internal protection.

Bear in mind the lost order I placed with him at the end of March was one such order (six discs). He says he is currently sourcing replacements for me so we’ll see how that goes.

Pre COVID disruption my large orders from him always came through OK.

I’ve placed several £100+ bulk orders with him in the past. They come through fine, and he packs them very well in an appropriately sized box with added internal protection.

Bear in mind the lost order I placed with him at the end of March was one such order (six discs). He says he is currently sourcing replacements for me so we’ll see how that goes.

Pre COVID disruption my large orders from him always came through OK.

Thanks. I am a little worried with such a big order going missing. I recently bought Rogue One 4K from him and I was amazed at how well it was packed.

Thanks. I am a little worried with such a big order going missing. I recently bought Rogue One 4K from him and I was amazed at how well it was packed.

I’ve probably made at least three bulk orders with him in the past, not including the one that went missing in March. They all came through fine, and (pre COVID) would never take any longer than single items would. It seems like the average wait, in the wake of the disruption, is about three to four weeks right now though. How long did it take for Rogue One to reach you?

He’s really very good. I can’t hold him personally responsible for the loss of my March order, and right now he is being very cooperative in sourcing replacements for me so if that goes well and I receive a new shipment then I won’t hesitate to keep calling on his services in future. The only time he ever put a foot wrong for me was with an April order I placed for 1917, which showed up only he’d sent me the wrong item (I was refunded within 48hrs and not required to return the disc I had been sent by mistake).

Just FYI: A package of mine from US took 63 days to be delivered as opposed to the usual time frame of 10-14 days. So be hopeful.

I’ve probably made at least three bulk orders with him in the past, not including the one that went missing in March. They all came through fine, and (pre COVID) would never take any longer than single items would. It seems like the average wait, in the wake of the disruption, is about three to four weeks right now though. How long did it take for Rogue One to reach you?

He’s really very good. I can’t hold him personally responsible for the loss of my March order, and right now he is being very cooperative in sourcing replacements for me so if that goes well and I receive a new shipment then I won’t hesitate to keep calling on his services in future. The only time he ever put a foot wrong for me was with an April order I placed for 1917, which showed up only he’d sent me the wrong item (I was refunded within 48hrs and not required to return the disc I had been sent by mistake).

It took 34 days to get to me which isn't too bad considering. The only bad thing was that the tracking stopped at the LA distribution Center.

It took 34 days to get to me which isn't too bad considering. The only bad thing was that the tracking stopped at the LA distribution Center.

The tracking is always weird and unreliable, yes. It's not actually paid for tracking, just standard scanning so it's usually random as to when and where there is an update. In the span of two years of purchases I think I've only ever had two orders get scan updates once they had reached the UK for example.

For me they always have stopped at Los Angelas and after about a week they would show up......
Would like to use Mario but i'm still a bit hesitant since 1917 was lost in the post.
Of course he can't do anything about that but i don't trust the postal services that much at the moment.

Jo Jo Rabbit arrived today from JBHIFI. Posted to me early April.
Now just Jumanji Next Level to arrive.

The lack of new cinema releases has made the decision easier so the fact that neither of my Mario orders from the 25th of May have shown up yet has led me to decide not to bother ordering anything from him before October at least.

Hopefully by then things will have improved enough for deliveries to be back to within the usual 7-10 days.

The lack of new cinema releases has made the decision easier so the fact that neither of my Mario orders from the 25th of May have shown up yet has led me to decide not to bother ordering anything from him before October at least.

Hopefully by then things will have improved enough for deliveries to be back to within the usual 7-10 days.

One of my order with him is stuck in package acceptance pending for 25 days. He did try to contact the post office to scan but in vain.

Got my IT Chapter 2 from WB Store, however minus the T-Shirt which they advertised when I bought it. £13.50 wasn't bad so sent them an email to see what they say. I note it's now not showing on their website.

How long do zavvi usually take to dispatch been waiting 3 days now they take the money straight away but how hard can it be to put the movie in a small box & dispatch it !!

Just received Star Wars IV - A New Hope from JB HiFi. Shipped on July 8th so that's 2 weeks exactly. Not bad going from Australia. Ordered The Empire Strikes Back at the same time in the 2 for $40 offer but it was dispatched a couple of days later so will hopefully arrive by the weekend.

I’m still waiting on a Mario order of Monsters Inc from June 5th.

A Mario order of mine from May 25th only arrived yesterday so I’d give it another couple of weeks yet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom