4k camera module

Lannoc

Novice Member
Hi,

This is probably a bit cheeky but... I am looking to get a 4k camera module with wifi but not for a drone. I want to try installing it in other devices such as model trains or RC boats. However, I'm struggling to find sources of reliable information as most places lead me to the Chinese supplier sites, which seem to claim all sorts of nonsense and is patently untrue. Some of them may be correct but how would I know?

So, I wondered if anyone could tell me where I could get just the camera on it's own and tell me about the associated mobile phone app? I'm probably looking for (proper) 4k at 30fps or better.

Thanks

Lannoc

Novice Member
Is there a difference between FPV cameras and drone cameras? They seem to get listed separately but look the same to me. Thanks

rickyt

There is tons of different cameras available at differing prices. I've bought lots of mini cameras for use with my drones but they can be used for many other applications. I use many cameras ,some are 5.8ghz that send a signal to a reciever or 5.8ghz screen, some cameras are 5v ,most are 12v and have wires for power and the important yellow [video] wire that can be wired to a screen or connected to a sender. You can buy wi-fi cameras that will connect to your phone using an app , but I dont think any of the cameras mentioned are 4k. There is the action cam type camera , similar to the Gopro type ,these are wifi and can be 1080, 2,7k or 4k.
All the cameras I use have been bought from Ali-express, infact all the electrical items ,gimbals, CCTV systems etc have been bought from them as you cannot beat the prices.
I've done a capture of some of the cams available with there prices as a guide.
mini cams.jpg

Lannoc

Novice Member
I agree with you about the prices: my problem with Aliexpress is that you don't necessarily get what is described or paid for. I recently bought a '5mp' camera from them, which turned out to be 0.3mp. Aliexpress didn't uphold my complaint because I couldn't provide evidence (I did - many times), and so I lost the money. I'm not keen to repeat the experience. So, I would like to have specific examples of what to purchase, if possible, so that I don't have to rely on the dodgy descriptions.

rickyt

I suppose buying anything from overseas is a bit of a gamble , if the item is not as described or faulty then there little you can do as it's difficult to return items. As it happens I have never had to complain about anything and have been happy with the goods purchased. I have dealt with most of the popular suppliers over the years , including Banggood and Gearbest but now find Aliexpress the best for me.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom