4k blu ray player hdmi cable question

jambomakaveli

Sons bought a new 4k tv and just bought a Sony ubp-x700 4k blu ray player.

It didn’t come with an hdmi cable and him being a teenager needed one right this minute.

I quickly went to argos before they closed, but am now not sure I bought the right thing.

I’m confused, as it’s a 4k hdmi cable yet says on the box 1080p.

Hoping someone could clear it up.

Front and back of box are attachrd

And this is the argos link:

Attachments

• 229681BA-1F0A-4558-B2A1-0253686FEAAA.jpeg
    229681BA-1F0A-4558-B2A1-0253686FEAAA.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 1C60870E-C721-49EB-B527-4DDDDD774B55.jpeg
    1C60870E-C721-49EB-B527-4DDDDD774B55.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 23

razy60

Sons bought a new 4k tv and just bought a Sony ubp-x700 4k blu ray player.

It didn’t come with an hdmi cable and him being a teenager needed one right this minute.

I quickly went to argos before they closed, but am now not sure I bought the right thing.

I’m confused, as it’s a 4k hdmi cable yet says on the box 1080p.

Hoping someone could clear it up.

Front and back of box are attachrd

And this is the argos link:

You should be fine, as long as the cable is high speed which it is your good to go.

gibbsy

It says on the box 18gbps so should be fine. You'll soon know as the main failing is like snow of white flecks on the screen when playing 4K.

jambomakaveli

It says on the box 18gbps so should be fine. You'll soon know as the main failing is like snow of white flecks on the screen when playing 4K.
Yeh that’s what confused me, the fact it said 18gbps, but then also stated 1080p.

Gave it a go…..

Inglorious basterds looked incredible!

Cheers for the help!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Good to hear the cable works for you,

The usual ‘word salad’ and lack of any official HDMI.org certification logo on the box/cable means it is ‘just a cable’ where the manufacturers print every relevant word they can think of and claim all sorts in terms of technical ability.

Reasurung to know this bit ‘This 1-metre 4K HDMI cable comes complete with an Ethernet channel, meaning your internet-ready devices can share a connection without the need for separate wires’.

Joe

jambomakaveli

Good to hear the cable works for you,

The usual ‘word salad’ and lack of any official HDMI.org certification logo on the box/cable means it is ‘just a cable’ where the manufacturers print every relevant word they can think of and claim all sorts in terms of technical ability.

Reasurung to know this bit ‘This 1-metre 4K HDMI cable comes complete with an Ethernet channel, meaning your internet-ready devices can share a connection without the need for separate wires’.

Joe
Yeh absolutely. Extremely confusing to be honest.

All good in the end though. 👍🏻

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom