• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

4K AV receiver and 4K player with 1080p projector

Audioenthu

Novice Member
I am trying to upgrade my home theater experience with 4K. I recently bought 4K Shield player and 4K Denon AV receiver (7.2.2). But still have my 1080p Epson 5030 UB projector. Since the display is still 1080P, can I stream 4K movies from Netfix?
All the Dolby atmos content is in 4K on Netflix. I just cant upgrade my projector because I am waiting for a good reasonable cost native 4K resolution to show up in the market.
Is it possible to stream Dolby Atmos content with this setup without upgrading the projector?

4K Player --> 4K Receiver --> 1080p projector.

Thanks in Advance.
Audioenthu

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
I am trying to upgrade my home theater experience with 4K. I recently bought 4K Shield player and 4K Denon AV receiver (7.2.2). But still have my 1080p Epson 5030 UB projector. Since the display is still 1080P, can I stream 4K movies from Netfix?
All the Dolby atmos content is in 4K on Netflix. I just cant upgrade my projector because I am waiting for a good reasonable cost native 4K resolution to show up in the market.
Is it possible to stream Dolby Atmos content with this setup without upgrading the projector?

4K Player --> 4K Receiver --> 1080p projector.

Thanks in Advance.
Audioenthu
Yes it is, I use the Xbox one S for Netflix with the 4k subscription with Atmos, I use this with a marantz 6012 in a 5.1.4 setup and display through a 1080p projector.

Audioenthu

Novice Member
Thank you. That relieves my stress.
Do I need to plugin the HDMI cable from HDCP 2.2 (from receiver) to the projector in that case?
Does NVidia Shield box have atmos support for netflix and Amazon prime?

Thanks
Audioenthu

Last edited:

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Thank you. That relieves my stress.
Do I need to plugin the HDMI cable from HDCP 2.2 (from receiver) to the projector in that case?
Does NVidia Shield box have atmos support?

Thanks
Audioenthu
Not sure about the Nvidia shield and if it supports Atmos. The Samsung 4k player and Xbox I use are both set to bitstream, they both pass through the marantz sr6012 and to the projector via HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom