4k Analgue out (6.1) players

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Any views on 4K analogue out players, my AV audio set up is all I need for 2k and like it very much, but thinking about 4k projector and therefore the need for a 4k player with analogue out. I think Oppo have gone and looks like Cambridge Audio don't do analogue out. My current player is the old Denon 3800 which has an internal processor.

I know I'm odd but I may be forced to stay with 2k if there are no analogue out options

Hi All,

Any views on 4K analogue out players, my AV audio set up is all I need for 2k and like it very much, but thinking about 4k projector and therefore the need for a 4k player with analogue out. I think Oppo have gone and looks like Cambridge Audio don't do analogue out. My current player is the old Denon 3800 which has an internal processor.

I know I'm odd but I may be forced to stay with 2k if there are no analogue out options
Panasonic UB820 and UB9000 4K players both have 7.1 analogue out as did the UB900 (now superceded by new models but you may still be able to find one).

if your a music fan then it's an option, but for movies no really worth while, and no atmos support.

The panasonic 900 and 820 do have analog out, but they are not great. The UB9000 one assumes will have really top quality analogue outs and so it should for the money. if this is the route you really want to go the Oppo 203/205 make the most sense.

I have managed to pick up an ex-dem Oppo 205, thanks for the advice. My set up is an old naim AV2 which running analogue in with the Denon 3800 for me outperformed a number of HD processors I tried way back when... Plus I am very happy with the cinema sound, so rather leave it alone !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom