Neil69

Established Member
Reaction score
How come we don't get 3D versions of films with 4K UHD discs here in the UK like they do over the pond? I find a standard 2D version pointless. I wouldn't mind payin £25 then.

How come we don't get 3D versions of films with 4K UHD discs here in the UK like they do over the pond? I find a standard 2D version pointless. I wouldn't mind payin £25 then.
We do sometimes in the form of retailer exclusives: Spider-man Homecoming (HMV), Valerian and the city of a thousand planets (Amazon), War for the Planet of the Apes (HMV). You can also get Wonder Woman at amazon.fr

We do sometimes in the form of retailer exclusives: Spider-man Homecoming (HMV), Valerian and the city of a thousand planets (Amazon), War for the Planet of the Apes (HMV). You can also get Wonder Woman at amazon.fr

Looking at the Amazon.Fr listing for Wonder Woman:

https://www.amazon.fr/Wonder-Woman-...1503773897&sr=8-1&keywords=Wonder+Woman+3d+4k

It only lists French under languages. I would be very surprised if it didn't have an English language track' but can we be certain that it has?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Looking at the Amazon.Fr listing for Wonder Woman:

https://www.amazon.fr/Wonder-Woman-...1503773897&sr=8-1&keywords=Wonder+Woman+3d+4k

It only lists French under languages. I would be very surprised if it didn't have an English language track' but can we be certain that it has?
Probably not until the final specs go up (or just ask amazon.fr CS). But generally all the french releases seem to have English as a soundtrack option. Easy enough to pre-order and cancel nearer release date if it doesn't.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Americans only get them in steelbooks, which we get now too from hmv and Amazon for some things. WB don't though.

The Sony combos in the states will be stopping now mind you as they've abandoned the format over there.

This question is asked far to often anyway, it's not done so studios can maximise on profits lol

Still no mention if the French Wonder Woman release has English language. I’ve preordered the ultimate edition that has 3D and 4K and Blu ray included. Not released until 30th October which is later than the normal release on 9th October. I’ll maybe email Amazon.fr customer services as suggested above.

Still no mention if the French Wonder Woman release has English language. I’ve preordered the ultimate edition that has 3D and 4K and Blu ray included. Not released until 30th October which is later than the normal release on 9th October. I’ll maybe email Amazon.fr customer services as suggested above.
They won't know mate. They'll just read you the item listing. I'll guarantee you the discs are identical to the UK releases though.

Sorry for the late reply but I can confirm the French FNAC “Ultimate Edition” has English audio. Only the 2D disc has menu options in French. Hope this helps!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom