spheedy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Why is it that they do not combine the 4K and the 3D BR in the same dam case so that i don't have to buy the same movie 2 times for the 4k and for the 3D. There are so few uhd's that offer this.
Why they cant make all movies that get a 4k release and that also have the 3d option into one dam package!!!
I know some will say that 3d is dead..etc, but since it is still being delivered in cinemas and on oled it is great why not include it.

So is it a purely marketing "milk more money" type or it has some actual technical impediment cost of implementation?

PS- i rly do not see the point of Digital HD in a 4k BR , what is the point of me downloading an 1080 mkv or whatever when i clearly opted for the 4k version of the movie!

Thank you

Last edited:
Why is it that they do not combine the 4K and the 3D BR in the same dam case so that i don't have to buy the same movie 2 times for the 4k and for the 3D. There are so few uhd's that offer this.
Why they cant make all movies that get a 4k release and that also have the 3d option into one dam package!!!
I know some will say that 3d is dead..etc, but since it is still being delivered in cinemas and on oled it is great why not include it.

So is it a purely marketing "milk more money" type or it has some actual technical impediment cost of implementation?

Thank you
Agreed
Why include a standard Blu-ray which retails for £15 inside the UHD case
Ditch the SDR Blu-ray and reduce the UHD to a more affordable price.
Or as you said have the 3D version instead,makes more sense

I feel your pain
And totally agree
Unfortunately it only seems like certain Sony films get the 4K+3D treatment and then only in US which is no good if you don't have a multi region player and it's region locked !
What I do now unless I'm desperate to get the film on release I wait for the review of the film
Point in case xXx
Got good review for the 3D but not so much for the 4K disc
So just buying that one but it's not always that simple

Yes I just realized that Marvel 3D show IMAX and as far as I know 4K does not at least the normal blu ray don't so if I have the choice Im going for Marvel 3D over the 4K.
Also some reviews say some 4K disc are not that big of a step up so for me many time Ill go for the 3D non 4K.

There are a number of 3d sets available that are not OLED.
My 4k Panasonic set is not OLED and I only got it earlier this year

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom