4K 3D Blu-ray player compatible with MKV/Dolby true HD/Atmos AC3 H264/265 USB files

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
I have a projector ( Optoma UHD51) which doesn't play the audio on the files I am trying to play, via USB and DNLA streaming. I am trying to play 4K MKV files with AC3 H264/H265 lossless audio files.

Because of this, I now need a 4K 3D blu ray player to bypass the projector and to use as a media player. I will need one with 2 HDMI outputs. One HDMI output for video (straight into the projector) and one HDMI output solely for audio - to the Samsung Dolby Atmos 7.1 soundbar.

I know that there are 4K 3D blu ray players out there that support AC3 H264/H265 audio, but after some research on here, it appears most of them do not support this via my means of viewing, which is either USB or DNLA /bit steaming. I'm predominantly looking to get Dolby Atmos into my sound bar with these audio files.

Does anyone know of a 4K 3D blu ray player that can process MKV
AC3 H264/H265 audio, BUT doing so via USB or DNLA to obtain Dolby Atmos sound?

Thanks.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Dont know if it's any help but my Cambridge audio CX UHD plays files from USB with full Dolby Atmos from MKV files perfect.

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
Thanks, Karl..

Does that include AC3 H265/H265 files?

I did briefly look at Cambridge last night, but they may be outside my price range..

Could you send me a link, as I'm very new as to what to look for?

Cheers!

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Fairly sure it is fine with AC3 files too.
Have a browse in the blu ray players section of this forum there is a dedicated thread on the player in there.

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
It doesn't have to he a disc spinner, as I'm only using either USB or bitstream to play files. They are mainly MKV AC3 7.1 files.

Just looking into Zapitti- I'm new to all of this..
Is Zidoo similar?
Zapitti look good, but their only model I can see that has two HDMI outputs is the The Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, which is quite expensive..
I need two HDMI outputs- one to a projector and one to a 7.1 soundbar..
I must admit, the Zappiti ticks all the boxes - 3D, Dolby Atmos, H264/H265, MKV etc..

Do you know of anything cheaper?

Cheers..

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
They look good..
I'm only just getting time to research into them..

The projector ( Optoma UHD51A) has two HDMIs but they are input ONLY. It has internal speakers, but they're not suitable.
I didn't realise before purchasing, that the HDMI's are NOT ARC. Total bummer!
There is an optical output, but the internal media player doesn't support AC3 H264/H265 files, anyway.
Hence, I have to totally bypass the projector and only use it for the video input..

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
They look good..
I'm only just getting time to research into them..

The projector ( Optoma UHD51A) has two HDMIs but they are input ONLY. It has internal speakers, but they're not suitable.
I didn't realise before purchasing, that the HDMI's are NOT ARC. Total bummer!
There is an optical output, but the internal media player doesn't support AC3 H264/H265 files, anyway.
Hence, I have to totally bypass the projector and only use it for the video input..

I hear that the optical out, doesn't support 7.1 Dolby Atmos, either..

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
I don't know how many Samsung Atmos soundbars there are, but the one I looked at has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output, with suport for HDCP 2.2, so 4K HDR.

If your model has this, run HDMI from the media player to the soundbar, then another HDMI cable from the soundbar to the PJ.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
MODS .... I think this thread needs moving into the blu ray players thread.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Thanks, moved.

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
I don't know how many Samsung Atmos soundbars there are, but the one I looked at has 2 HDMI inputs and 1 output, with suport for HDCP 2.2, so 4K HDR.

If your model has this, run HDMI from the media player to the soundbar, then another HDMI cable from the soundbar to the PJ.

Thanks, Adam! That's what I intend to do..

My only issue is now being, finding a sutable media player. Tanks for the suggestion, it has helped me a lot as I gave up o the idea of a 4K blu ray player being able to play these audio files..

Do you know of any other possible media player makes? I've looked into
Zapitti and Zidoo. They bot loo good, but most of the lower end ones only have one HDMI output. The Zapitti 4K Pro does have two, so it looks like it caters for my needs! I would like to know other options tough, as it's quite expensive and I want to see if there is anything similar out there..
It looks like most of the Zapitti's and Zidoo's only have one HDMI output, and only the newer or more expensive ones have two HDMI outputs. I could afford one at some point, just not quite now..
They seem to cover all my bases though, 3D, H264/H265 audio etc..

P.S Do you know if either does DNLA streaming in these formats via the players? I've heard the files will only play via USB..

This whole thing is a mess, after paying well over 1K for a 4K 3D all dancing projector!

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
Yeah, I will need two..
One will go to the from the player to the soundbar for audio, and the other needs to go from the player to the projector, for the video..

I was just thinking I could have the option of DNLA streaming instead of solely relying on USB. Just in case I misplace a USB stick, lend it out, etc..

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
It has two HDMI inputs and one ( ARC) output, although I need it purely for input from a media player.

I have tested the ARC which works fine on a standard HRD tv, for both video and sound. Sorry, I don't get why I need to use the soundbar output? I just need it for audio in from a media device and then a separate video from the media device to the projector..

I just thought DNLA would be a good option. My MKV files are stored on a 10TB external hard drive. I just then transfer them to USB or to my computer for DNLA connection to a devise. It worked on my projector, but minus the sound as it doesn't support the audio format..

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
Perhaps I'm missing something, but why wouldn't you run an HDMI cable from the soundbar output to the PJ? Then you would only need a single HDMI cable from the player to the soundbar input.

No need for DNLA. Either connect the 10TB HDD directly to the player, or mount a shared folder on the PC from the player using SMB.

Kristen Richards

Novice Member
The projector only has HDMI inputs, and yes I can now run audio to the projector. But I have a 7.1 Dobly Atmos surround bar and as you can understand, the sound on that is much better than listening to sound from the projector - so I wanted the sound to come from the soundbar..
I have a Zippiti media player now, so I run the main out to the projector (for visual) and the dedicated audio out, to the soundbar. I can now watch UltraHD and 3D films with Dobly Atmos! :)

I've only ever used ( and worked out) to use DNLA, so I need to find out how to share vis SMB. Do you have any tips on how to set this up? I've been using a USB to transfer files and using that. However, for some reason, it now takes hours to transfer films to the USB! It used to be much quicker, when I purchased it..
I try not to plug in my main 10TB, as I want to preserve its lifespan. I just have it on and off to transfer files..

Trending threads

Latest threads

Top Bottom