4K & 2k HDMI question

gary g

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I have just purchased a new 4K tv, I have a Panasonic 4K player and a 1080p NEC projector. Is there any way of having them connected successfully? The situation I have is; using a 4K capable Labgear hdmi splitter, with the projector connected but not even switched on I only get 1080p from the player to the 4K tv, I have to physically unplug the projector hdmi cable to get the blu ray player to output 4K to the tv.
I know the easiest way would be to buy a 4K projector, but that will have to wait until I have recovered from the purchase of the tv.
Any help much appreciated

I can help you there as I had the same issue with an Arcam 850.

What you need is one of these which will sort the problem out for you. You can probably find this from a number of sources although it is becoming harder to find. Don't pay more than £50.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi Lexicon
I would love to be in the position of thanking you for your response, but I find myself very annoyed at the fact that your information is incorrect and it has cost me £40 to find that out......
I bought the very item you recommended and I installed it only to find it was doing exactly the same job as the Labgear one I already had. Thinking there was a problem, I contacted Wyrestorm, they told me this item will only produce what is connected to output No 1 (EDID). The item they make which will allow 4K from one output and 1080p from the other output is a different model which has the model number EXP-SP-0102-H2 !

Hi Lexicon
I would love to be in the position of thanking you for your response, but I find myself very annoyed at the fact that your information is incorrect and it has cost me £40 to find that out......
I bought the very item you recommended and I installed it only to find it was doing exactly the same job as the Labgear one I already had. Thinking there was a problem, I contacted Wyrestorm, they told me this item will only produce what is connected to output No 1 (EDID). The item they make which will allow 4K from one output and 1080p from the other output is a different model which has the model number EXP-SP-0102-H2 !
Hi Gary
I’m really sorry if that didn’t work for you. I have rechecked my unit which has worked fine for me for about 3 months and the model number has no EXP in front of it. I can only assume it works for some combinations of equipment and not others. I presume you have tried swapping the display devices between inputs one and two?

The advice was well intentioned but that obviously doesn’t help you.

If the projector is plugged into output No1, the 4K tv only produces a 1080p/24 image. If the 4K tv is plugged into output No1 the projector won’t produce an image, the projector just says ‘ check your resolution’

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by giving you the wrong model number. There is a 14 return period so you will presumably need to return it and order the correct model for you as advised by Wyrestorm. At least you now know that there is a solution.

It came from eBay, so I don’t think I can return it unless it wasn’t as described, and it is working as it should for that model

It came from eBay, so I don’t think I can return it unless it wasn’t as described, and it is working as it should for that model
If you look at the ebay link above I think it has a 14 day non conditional return - you just pay the postage back. If there is a return button/option available on that item in your ebay purchase list I suggest you make use of it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom