Quantcast

4K & 2k HDMI question

gary g

Hi all
I have just purchased a new 4K tv, I have a Panasonic 4K player and a 1080p NEC projector. Is there any way of having them connected successfully? The situation I have is; using a 4K capable Labgear hdmi splitter, with the projector connected but not even switched on I only get 1080p from the player to the 4K tv, I have to physically unplug the projector hdmi cable to get the blu ray player to output 4K to the tv.
I know the easiest way would be to buy a 4K projector, but that will have to wait until I have recovered from the purchase of the tv.
Any help much appreciated

lexicon

I can help you there as I had the same issue with an Arcam 850.

What you need is one of these which will sort the problem out for you. You can probably find this from a number of sources although it is becoming harder to find. Don't pay more than £50.

gary g

Hi Lexicon
I would love to be in the position of thanking you for your response, but I find myself very annoyed at the fact that your information is incorrect and it has cost me £40 to find that out......
I bought the very item you recommended and I installed it only to find it was doing exactly the same job as the Labgear one I already had. Thinking there was a problem, I contacted Wyrestorm, they told me this item will only produce what is connected to output No 1 (EDID). The item they make which will allow 4K from one output and 1080p from the other output is a different model which has the model number EXP-SP-0102-H2 !

lexicon

Hi Lexicon
I would love to be in the position of thanking you for your response, but I find myself very annoyed at the fact that your information is incorrect and it has cost me £40 to find that out......
I bought the very item you recommended and I installed it only to find it was doing exactly the same job as the Labgear one I already had. Thinking there was a problem, I contacted Wyrestorm, they told me this item will only produce what is connected to output No 1 (EDID). The item they make which will allow 4K from one output and 1080p from the other output is a different model which has the model number EXP-SP-0102-H2 !
Hi Gary
I’m really sorry if that didn’t work for you. I have rechecked my unit which has worked fine for me for about 3 months and the model number has no EXP in front of it. I can only assume it works for some combinations of equipment and not others. I presume you have tried swapping the display devices between inputs one and two?

The advice was well intentioned but that obviously doesn’t help you.

gary g

If the projector is plugged into output No1, the 4K tv only produces a 1080p/24 image. If the 4K tv is plugged into output No1 the projector won’t produce an image, the projector just says ‘ check your resolution’

lexicon

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by giving you the wrong model number. There is a 14 return period so you will presumably need to return it and order the correct model for you as advised by Wyrestorm. At least you now know that there is a solution.

gary g

It came from eBay, so I don’t think I can return it unless it wasn’t as described, and it is working as it should for that model

lexicon

It came from eBay, so I don’t think I can return it unless it wasn’t as described, and it is working as it should for that model
If you look at the ebay link above I think it has a 14 day non conditional return - you just pay the postage back. If there is a return button/option available on that item in your ebay purchase list I suggest you make use of it.

Top Bottom