4GB CF Sandisk Extreme III back to £17.99 - delivered

hot-fuzz

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just to let you know (after i have just bought 2 of them) that Play.com have the 4GB Compact FFlash cards for sale back down to £17.99.

And be quick as they havent been this low on Play for a long time, And with free delivery this is the best price on t'internet.

:thumbsup:

LINK FOUND HERE.

Thanks for the heads up, but truly how quick do these write compared to the cheapo Ebay cards?

make sure they're the new 30m/b's ones before ordering. I got 2 a couple of weeks back from play and they were the older ones so I sent them back. Got 2 from picstop instead which were 17.99 at the time and they were the new 30m/b's cards

7 day shop have them for £17.99 too

If you do not need the speed then they do 8gb for £17.99 12mbs write 17mbs read

The webpage itself actually says they are the 20mb versions, but I've ordered one anyway - always found them plenty fast for my 400D.

mymemory.co.uk have the 4GB 30mb/s version for 20.99 including delivery, got one in the post from them today

link

I bought a 4gb Extreme III last week from www.dvd.co.uk for £19.98 delivered and it is the 30mb release i received if anyone wants to get the faster card instead :)

Bought one last month when they were £27.99:( and was the 30mb/s version.
Gonna order another one at the lower price, cannt really complain!

Check out www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007 to see how compact flash and SD cards perform on your camera.

On my D300 the Sandisk 4Gb Extreme III 30 Mb/Sec has a RAW write speed of 22.1 Mb/sec and the Extreme IV (which costs twice a much) has a RAW write performance of 25.71 Mb/Sec - so the Extreme III is only 14% slower.

The Sandisk 4Gb 30Mb/Sec Extreme III is definitely the best value for money performance card.

Great card, I got one of these from dvd.co.uk a couple of weeks back come to about £19.99 including postage had an older 2gb Sandisk extreme 3 anyway but thought with me shooting raw and also bracketing the extra 2GB capacity would come in handy as well as the quicker write speed.

Hi all

Can I ask how you can tell they're the new 30Mb/s version? The specs say 'minimum 20Mb/s' but no mention of 30Mb/s...

(Btw, I ordered a 4Gb SDHC Extreme III from Play.com yesterday)

Cheers

Hi all

Can I ask how you can tell they're the new 30Mb/s version? The specs say 'minimum 20Mb/s' but no mention of 30Mb/s...

(Btw, I ordered a 4Gb SDHC Extreme III from Play.com yesterday)

Cheers

It say on the card itself "30 Mb/s"

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I see the price of this has risen to £209.99 :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom