4E3006 vs 4E3007 HD box

gers1978

I got my Sky HD box installed yesterday, I was upgrading from a normal Digibox for £199 as a customer of over 6 years (I've also had multi-room for 2 years).

I notice my box is the 4E3006 version, with SeaGate hard drive.

I believe there is a 4E3007 version which is quieter, with a Western Digital hard drive.

Am I entitled to phone up and ask for the newer box (under the cooling off period)?

If not, would I be able to complain about the noise of mine and they'd then give me the newer box?

Other than the noise is there any other difference between the 2 boxes?

Cheers

reckless

Is that with nothing else running? I ask because I've been impressed how quiet my HD box is (after comments here about how noisy they are). No idea if I have a seagate or WD drive in mine although it's only been installed about 3 weeks.

I certainly can't hear mine when there's any sound on the telly/surround system although I can hear the fan occasionally from my PS3.

gers1978

My mistake, I have 4E3008 but it does say SeaGate on a white sticker on the cardboard box.

lephoid

Standard Member
I got my Sky HD box installed yesterday, I was upgrading from a normal Digibox for £199 as a customer of over 6 years (I've also had multi-room for 2 years).

I notice my box is the 4E3006 version, with SeaGate hard drive.

I believe there is a 4E3007 version which is quieter, with a Western Digital hard drive.

Am I entitled to phone up and ask for the newer box (under the cooling off period)?

If not, would I be able to complain about the noise of mine and they'd then give me the newer box?

Other than the noise is there any other difference between the 2 boxes?

Cheers

If it is quiet leave it alone - it will be fine

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom