Question 49" TV for Watching Soccer and playing PS4 (not pro)

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by zahmzan, Sep 14, 2017.

1. zahmzan

zahmzan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

First post here :)
    I'm looking for a TV 49" 4k to watch soccer and play PS4 (not pro). Im from Portugal so i'm somewhat limited to what i can buy. I've narrowed the list to a couple of choices and i would like you advice and or adding of any other models.
    I would like to spend AT MOST 1000€ (but would like less)

LG 49UJ701V
    Samsung UE49MU7005
    Sony 49XE9005 (i think this one is out of my budget)

ANyone ?

Thank you very much

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,034
    Can you find Panasonic models sold there? 50EX750 would be best followed by 50EX700.

Sony XE9005 is only really beneficial if you plan on utilising lots of HDR (it seems like you are not).

Samsung 49MU7000 isn't as good as the larger sizes, for some reason they gave it a 50/60hz panel this year. It will rank in PQ the same as the Panasonic 50EX700...but is likely more expensive (although I do not know Portuguese pricing).

LG is best avoided unless you need wide viewing angles.

3. zahmzan

zahmzan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for your reply.

The only models in Portugal from Panasonic i can find are: 50EX780 and 50EX730 and they range from 1200-1400€
    PANASONIC Smart TV LED 50" Ultra HD 4K TX-50DXM710 - can find this one for 899€
    I actually can find the UE49MU7005 for 881€ here in Portugal.
    EDIT: I can also find the TV LED Ultra HD 55'' SAMSUNG UE55MU7005TXXC - 999€

With some lousy filters in can find these in Portugal:

.:: Radio Popular - Electrodomésticos ::.

Search in MediaMarkt

TV 4K 44'' a 55'' Fnac.pt 49 '' - Tecnologia - Fnac.pt

Also here in this store, it sells Hisense

These are searches from popular stores in Portugal, for less then 1000€, 4k tvs anything from there you would recommend?

I don't need wide viewing angles, but is the LG that bad ?

Once again, thank youy vm

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,034
    Radio Popular

Best to worst. I would only consider these for football as they have better motion enhancement settings. They all use 120/100hz panels whilst the rest in budget use only 50/60hz. The Samsung is a lot better than the Philips as it uses a higher contrast panel. The Philips is only better with viewing angles, not blacks, screen uniformity or contrast. The 49" Samsung MU7000 cannot be considered equal as it uses just a 60/50z panel.
    1. Can you get 55"? - This is best value: .:: Radio Popular - Electrodomésticos ::.
    2. Otherwise .:: Radio Popular - Electrodomésticos ::. good for motion but bad blacks/contrast compared to Samsung above.
    3. 55" version of same tv above: .:: Radio Popular - Electrodomésticos ::.
    Mediamarkt

1. Same number 1 choice as above: SAMSUNG Smart TV LED 55" Ultra HD 4K UE55MU7005 - Media Markt Portugal - Sonhar Sem Limites
    2. This is very similar to the Philips above, still not as good as Samsung 55MU7000 LG Smart TV LED 49" Ultra HD 4K 49SJ800V - Media Markt Portugal - Sonhar Sem Limites

PCdiga

1. As good as LG model above: https://www.pcdiga.com/televis-o-plana-lg-49sj810v-smarttv-49-super-4k-uhd still not as good as Samsung 55MU7000.

Special mention

Televisão Samsung Curva 4K SUHD SmartTV 49'' (UE49KS9000TXXC) Samsung - PCDIGA only decent HDR TV if you consider slightly more for HDR. Excellent price.

5. zahmzan

zahmzan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you for everything!
    I actually went to my local store (worten) and they had a KS9000 in exibition i was perplexed! 934€

It was the last one so i got it :)

Thank again