Question 49" Sony X700D with a PS4 ?

626Aussie

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've been reviewing TVs to replace my aging 720p and get more out of my PS4 (not the Pro) and have (currently) narrowed it down to the 49" Sony X700D which is not a jaw-droppingly fantastic TV, but seems quite reasonable for the price and is still within my budget.

Does anyone have this TV? Better still, do you have it with a PS4? What are your experiences with it?

The review on Rtings.com tells me I'll most likely be happy with it:
The Sony X700D is a 4k LED TV, with slightly above average picture quality. It isn't good in a dark room due to the low native contrast ratio. On the upside, it can be enjoyed even from a wide angle, and it handles motion well. It also supports a wide range of inputs with low input lag which is good.​
While "slightly above average picture quality" isn't glowing praise, nor is "isn't good in a dark room", I like that it has low input lag, and apparently handles motion well, so it should be great for the NHL playoffs (even if the Kings didn't make it in again this year), action movies, and our PS4 games.

Any input from owners of this TV?

According to Rtings.com the Vizio D series of TVs are a better, less expensive alternative to the Sony X700D. So now the Vizio D50U-D1 at $500+tax is currently my top choice. I'm going to wait for it to go on sale then pick one up for $400 - $450. It will happen sooner or later, and I'm in no hurry.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom