49" screen PS5

robhullfury

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, seasons greetings.

My very generous wife bought me a PS5 for Xmas and now I need to upgrade my TV 😁

I have a TV wall setup with a recess for upto a 50" (currently have a 5-6year old Panasonic which obviously is old tech. I also have the pleasure of a 4 year old who like most children are carefree when playing with toys (but getting better) so I'm looking to not spend £1000s on new TV.

Looking on a Currys and richer last night after reading the gaming thread on here and I'm completely torn what best to get.

A few recommendations of the Hisense and Sonys. Looking around £600 for nothing bigger then a 50". But I don't want to buy something for the brand name (Sony) if there's something glaring before for a (in my thoughts) lesser known brand which I might as skip over.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Any help would be great

Rob

Sorry to hitch a ride aboard this thread, but that’s pretty much my criteria at the moment (replace PS5 with XBox Series X).

The Sony KD49XH8505 caught my eye so was wondering what the opinions were of people who know about these things? It’s currently £699 at John Lewis though a bit of shopping around could no doubt bring this down a bit.

This guide should give you some pointers

Thanks what I am stuck with demon, feel free to comment away.

Thanks for the guide vickster, I read that and confused myself more. 😂😂😂

I'm inpatient so might have a walk around a well known high Street retailer that sounds like a genre of food today. Hhmmm.

Rob

Thanks for the guide vickster, I read that and confused myself more. 😂😂😂
Do you have any feedback on how I can improve the guide? What was it that was confusing?

Should be a matter of picking the TV highest in the guide you can afford. They are in order. I wouldn't judge TVs in shops btw, you'll end up buying the wrong TV.

Do you have any feedback on how I can improve the guide? What was it that was confusing?

Should be a matter of picking the TV highest in the guide you can afford. They are in order. I wouldn't judge TVs in shops btw, you'll end up buying the wrong TV.

Sorry Dodge, it was by no means your guide that confused me. Shall we say it added new dimensions of thought to make me think of I could afford that extra bit more cash to get the next one up 😂

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom