Question 49-55’ 4k HDR TV for gaming

SYLiam

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey,

My trusty old 40’ Sony from 2010 has packed in and need to replace it

TV will be used solely for gaming, mostly single player with a little bit of multiplayer

I think 49’ is the lowest size I’d want to go and seen that the Sony X900E looks perfect for my budget, but is there any alternatives I should be looking at?

I’ll be sitting around 6 feet away from the TV

Thanks for the help

Should also say I was originally considering a MU6400, with LED TV’s, is there much different splashing out an extra £400?

Should also say I was originally considering a MU6400, with LED TV’s, is there much different splashing out an extra £400?

The MU6400 has no local dimming at all, so the only extention in dynamic range is coming from it's wider colour gamut. If HDR is important the XE90 is where you want to start looking. You'd have to go up to 55" to get anything more capable though like the XE93 and as that's both a size and a model increase it's quite a bit more.

For SDR gaming its not really worth the extra, for HDR it is.

Although I wouldn't be using the MU6400 as a budget option, instead look at the Hisense N6800 or Sony XE70 at 55"

Bear in mind you can pick up a 65" Hisense N6800 for less money than a 49" Sony XE90 TV so really there is no value in getting a TV with good HDR right now unless you absolutely need it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom