For Trade 480GB OWC SSD for Macbook Air 2011

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by fungomerry, Aug 10, 2013.

1. fungomerry

fungomerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Recently bought a mid 2011 Macbook Air and it came with a massive 480gb SSD. This is way more than I need so hoping to downsize to a 128 or 256gb ssd

It is the bare drive shown here

SSD for MacBook Air 2011 - OWC Aura Pro Sandforce Driven

I have the receipt although it is not in my name.

It is a five minute job to swap the ssd ( see video at the above link ) and I have the required screwdrivers.

Anybody want to swap?

For trade purposes I would price this at £400

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

2. fungomerry

fungomerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
  3. fungomerry

fungomerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
  4. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi there I am back. Ironically my 128gb SSD failed over the weekend and I got it replaced by apple. (Have the documentation to show for it as well.. So mine is a fresh drive)

I am still interested, although I'm not keen on dropping too much money on top, as my laptop is in a relatively scruffy state and when I do eventually upgrade I can't swap the SSD into the newer models! Plus I am getting by on my drive space, this is more of a luxury upgrade...

Sorry if this sound low, but given the above, I'd like to offer my drive plus £150. Feel free to make a counter offer. Also I work in south Kensington and have my laptop with me every day, so meeting up with you is no problem.

5. fungomerry

fungomerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    It's a nice offer but too low I'm afraid. The convenience of meeting up is an incentive so if you can stretch to £200 then we are in business.

6. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hmm... would you consider external hard drives to sweeten the deal on my end? I have some external ones in the 500-1000GB range that I would no longer need thanks to this drive. I can check the exact sizes when I'm home and come up with a proper deal for you, if you are so interested.

7. fungomerry

fungomerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Nice idea but already have a collection of external hard drives :)

8. Chef Borjan

Chef Borjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Okay I will pay £200 on top then and just make up the difference selling some hard drives later!

We have a deal then, I can meet you anytime around lunch during the weekdays or even after work, we can sit down somewhere and open up out Airs. Even today potentially if that works for you.

9. fungomerry

fungomerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Excellent! I am back in London on Thursday and Friday this week so that gives us a couple of days to wipe/restore Airs. I am all for a lunchtime meet so lets PM:D