1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4805 in standby mode

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Coz22998, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Coz22998

Coz22998
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,857
    Hey everyone, just finished attaching my screenplay 4805 to the ceiling and was wondering about how best to use it. Is it safe to keep the projector in standby mode (ie just powering it up and down using just the remote), to stop having to switch the power on on the actual pj every time you use it (being heavy handed everytime I do I move the projector so its misaligned with the screen!). Are there any consequences of keeping the pj in standby mode indefinitely, other than seeing a huge increase to my electricity bills?

Advice greatly appreciated :lease: !

2. Geordie Bry

Geordie Bry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    i have a sp7205 i leave mine on standby all the time

3. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I have the same problem made worse by the fact that I also have occasional problems witht the hdmi connection which means once I have it sorted if I power down I run the risk of it reappearing when I next start up. The fact the fan continues to run albeit at a slower rate puts me off doing this though because of the noise, wear and elec cost.