4805 Calibration

I'll have to have a good look at DVE to see what bits are where - the PLUGE tests are in there for setting black and white levels, but it's a pig to navigate. Guess that's why I stick with Avia.

You could make a screen true 16:9, but as you know, not all films are that ratio - some are 1.85:1, some are 1.77:1 and some are 2.35:1. There are others still, but I think a 16:9 screen is a reasonable compromise.

Gary.

Thanks Gary. How does this work for people with screens? Surely thay are made to a fixed ratio..in which case do all PJ users see bleeding of the image or in some cases the image within their screen area? I'll try the 16:9 as I think I did a Native ratior. Should I use the Blue start up screen of my PJ as the basis for marking out the area to be painted?

Those with fixed 16:9 screens have black bars top and bottom with movies that are less that ratio, much like a widescreen tv does. There shouldnt be any bleeding of the image, just nice clean black border lines.

Some screens have masking, which covers up the unused parts of the screen so that the image is always enclosed with black felt or similar, and pull-down and electric screens can be made to stop at various levels so that they stop at the bottom of the image.

If the blue screen is representative of the projectors output, then that should do fine, but you could check with some movies just to make sure. DVE should have a 100ire image (white) and that should fill the screen area too, so try it and see.

Gary.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom