1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4805 and freeveiw

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Baz1, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Baz1

Baz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Well just finished my loft coversion, watched a couple of DVD,s and I am very very pleased with the quality and film like image. NO rainbows at all, nobody who has seen it has yet see one??. Had not watched Sky TV on it due to waiting to have my LNB repaired. So, last night I wanted to see the footy, so I took my freeveiw box up into the loft. I connetcted the Humax fox-T via the quattro RGB, to a JS RGB to Component converter. Well what a picture, very good, Alot better than any pub footy picture I have watched. If you give RGB DVD 9/10 this would be 8/10. I Still have a smile on my face, far better than I was expecting.

Thanks, sorry for it being a bit long winded, but I just had to share this.
    Barry. :D

2. mattwakeman

mattwakeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wahey! Let me be the first to congratulate you Baz and I am really happy that the projector has worked out and you see no rainbows (you swine ;) ).

3. mattwakeman

mattwakeman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fact as a follow up, how about some pictures of the conversion mate?

4. Baz1

Baz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Matt,
    My son has a digital camera, I will try my best, never done it before. I am quite proud of the finished product, even though I say so myself.
    By the way, cracking little projector.
    Thanks,
    Barry. :smashin:

5. DigitalFodder

DigitalFodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to bump this but i have a Screenplay 4805 and freeview looks very grainy. Compaired to DVD i would give DVD 8/10 and freeview 2/10. Is there something wrong or is it the crap TV broadcast?

6. mightyoakbob

mightyoakbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've had my 4805 since October and it now has about 320 hours on it. I have yet to see a rainbow even once. I've even watched Gladiator all the way through and deliberately dragged my eyes across the screen but still no rainbow. None of my family or friends have seen it either.

As for freeview, I've tried it and Sky but because neither receiver has s-video out and I don't have a RGB to component convertor I can only try this at composite video level. Better than I expected though even at this limited connection and freeview much better than Sky.

Bob.

7. Baz1

Baz1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There,
    To get the best hassle free picture you need to purchase a JS RGB to Component convertor. Yes I know 150 pound is alot, but you get what you pay for, quality!. Do not buy the 80 pound version, it will give you problems. Ho! and yes you need good quality cabling, I got van damme 75ohm cables from CPC and soldered on decent phono plugs and there you have it a great picture. Honest! the 7.5 foot picture is as good as any plasma I have seen. You will not be disapointed.
    Thanks,
    Barry. :smashin: