1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

4805 and 575, progressive or interlaced?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by p5yco, Aug 6, 2005.

1. p5yco

p5yco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i know this has probably been asked before, but i was hoping to find a clear answer if i start a new thread on the topic. here goes, i have just bought an infocus 4805 and a pioneer dv575. i am impressed with them straight out of the box, however im sure with some tweaking they could look even better! the main thing i am confused about is that i have it connected via component and currently have the dvd player set to progressive. reading through some articles they say that it should be set to interlaced to let the faroudja take care of that, is this correct? also, you people with the same setup, i would be grateful if you could post some of your settings and any changes you have had to make, thanks.

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    As ever, see which one looks better and stick to that. I've tried prog scan turned on and off on the 575 and I couldn't see any difference hence the TX's prog scan capabilities must be similar...PJ :)

3. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whereas on my ET1 the 575's prog scan mode looks noticeably (to me anyway) sharper and more stable. As PJ says, use which you prefer, it was your money, so it's your choice. But give each option a try (not just 30 seconds), what looks good initially may turn out to be a little in your face over the length of a film.