47Z3030DB, LC46X20E or KDL46D3500U

smreid

Standard Member
Hi all,

Thanks to some dregs of society relieving me of my 42" Tosh LCD TV (amongst other things) :( I am back in the market for another TV. I have been looking on empiredirect and have spotted 3 46/7" 1080P sets all around the £1000 mark. Was hoping some of you could give me your opinions on which is the best of the 3. They are:

Sharp LC46X20E - £949.
Toshiba 47Z3030DB - £999.
Sony KDL46D3500U - £1099.

Was tempted to go for the Tosh as I liked my last set and it's also an inch bigger, but noticed that the Sharp and Sony sets support 24Hz and 24P respectively (is this the same thing?). What exactly is this?

The Sharp and Tosh sets have 3 HDMI sockets which may come if I ever need another after the Sky HD and PS3 (when I hopefully replace that too) :(

As you can see, I'm just going round in circles so any help will be greatly appreciated. Just in case it helps the set will mainly be used for watching Sky HD and Blu Ray movies and also a bit of gaming on the PS3.

Thanks.

Stephen

ChrisGgr

Yeah 24p and 24Hz is the same but also the toshiba supports it.Its between the tosh and sony I would avoid the sharp,common banding issues.I would get the tosh as you get +100Hz.Between the two though the sony has better blacks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom