47LV550T edge light bleeding problem...

Hi Everyone

I just bought lg 47lv550t led tv and spot issue:(
Is that ok or something wrong with the screen?

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 503
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 1,244

deanos

Dont look for bleeding on the input screen as for some reason it exaggerates the problem

Try loading a film with black bars top and bottom and see what its like,

Goo5e

Novice Member
If mine were like that when viewing content it would be going back. Deanos suggestion is a good one.

When watching movie is still visible but less. Only right bottom corner is very annoying for me:) and is more visible when subtitles are on.

vickster

Distinguished Member
That's worse than my LCD. I'd get a plasma

deanos

Try turning backlight down a tad and put local dimming on high, you can also undo the screw at the back slightly this helped on mine

crispincorky

Novice Member
Just requested a replacement from Amazon.

Below is the pics of mine. I don't expect an edge lit tv to necessarily be perfect but this is too much IMO. Has a dead pixel too lol.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

That does look bad ! Throw it back at them, I take it back light is lowish? Might expect that if it was at 100, try it at 55 to see if it helps?
I have bleeding from bottom left, tempted to send back but with back light at 55 I don't notice it. Plus I don't (not noticed) banding issues.

crispincorky

Novice Member
I think that's at backlight around 45/50. I can minimise it with local dimming but it still adds a mist over some dark scenes on the corners.

You shouldn't have to have local dimming set to high to have a chance of a decent picture really.

If the new set has half as much light bleed than I will be happy.

Oh, the boot screen is worse than the screensaver though.

vikramsingh1303

Standard Member
i just bought 47lm6410 and it has very bad edge bleeding .i notced this very first day and call to lg customer care they told me they cant replace this peace they will repair this. now i want to know if u get more then 100000 rs tv and getting this replay from the company .i bought this tv on my birthday and after buying this i feel cheated . what am i do

wad

Novice Member
20120824_0044141.jpg

if you look hard enuff you may just see it :) total dark room just to see if any leaking on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom