47LG7000 speaker distortion

Hippogriff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had ever experienced what I seem to have at the moment with my 47" LG LCD - with certain sounds (often people's voices) I get a crackle / fart / vibration just on certain frequencies - at first I thought it was people's low voices, but the other night the other half was watching Coronation Street and Hayley Cropper (supposedly a man, but in reality a woman) made it happen the worst I'd heard it...

Immediately knew she would have Sky+'d it, so asked her to go back and play it again... sure enough, happens every time, so I know it's not all in my head.

Feels like an obvious speaker problem but - beyond that - I'm not sure what to do - Auto Volume has always been off, did try turning Clear Voice on and off (left it off), did try reducing the frequency emphasis on the lower and then the higher frequency ranger sliders, no effect.

Had the TV just over a year, Jan. 2009, have only noticed it in the new year.

TV connected to Sky+ box via SCART. Everything seems fine here. Did reduce the Sky+ output volume bar slightly, no effect there either.

Fact is - nothing had changed in the time when either this never happened or I never noticed it and now.

Do you reckon I need an expert to be looking at it?

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had ever experienced what I seem to have at the moment with my 47" LG LCD - with certain sounds (often people's voices) I get a crackle / fart / vibration just on certain frequencies - at first I thought it was people's low voices, but the other night the other half was watching Coronation Street and Hayley Cropper (supposedly a man, but in reality a woman) made it happen the worst I'd heard it...

Immediately knew she would have Sky+'d it, so asked her to go back and play it again... sure enough, happens every time, so I know it's not all in my head.

Feels like an obvious speaker problem but - beyond that - I'm not sure what to do - Auto Volume has always been off, did try turning Clear Voice on and off (left it off), did try reducing the frequency emphasis on the lower and then the higher frequency ranger sliders, no effect.

Had the TV just over a year, Jan. 2009, have only noticed it in the new year.

TV connected to Sky+ box via SCART. Everything seems fine here. Did reduce the Sky+ output volume bar slightly, no effect there either.

Fact is - nothing had changed in the time when either this never happened or I never noticed it and now.

Do you reckon I need an expert to be looking at it?

TBH, I have a 42LG7000 and although I don't have the problem you describe, I haven't even bothered to use the TV speaker much. I have it and Sky and everything else for that matter plugged into my Yamaha receiver and using 5.1 Speakers. It may no answer why but its certainly a solution and one I would recommend.

That's fine for movies, PS3, Blu-ray etc. and I use my amplifier for those sources, but for normal watching of bog-standard TV it is overkill. For that, just turning the telly on is what most folk do, and are happy with. So, it is not what I would consider a "solution", more a "workaround".

I think it's a problem with the internal speakers. Which is a shame, because that was one of their selling points, I believe, and they've not been abused or anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom