47LG Scarlett Pannel not switch on

luisa01

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Experts

I got one unit of this LCD model since July
In general all the features are pretty good but I am more that unhappy with the following problem:
After switch off (going to standby) the TV at night, next morning when you switch on the TV, the panel does not show any image, the sound works, you can change to the different inputs RF, Euro, etc. And no image at all.
The LG service takes the TV do a "reset" and everything works fine again, no errors found, parts exchanged.

This happens two time in two months, drive to 4 weeks TV unavailability due to going back and forward with LG technical service.

Any idea???

Regards Lui

Hi Luisa,

I know this doesn't solve or address your problem but is there any reason why you don't turn the screen off completely, rather than putting it on stand by?

It saves more electricity if it's off than on stand by and might as a bonus get around this problem.

Just a thought - I'm one of those annoying people who can't help but go around switching things off at the wall and stuff!

To actually address your query too - I've sent this off to HQ for some advice & I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks,

Helen :)

Thanks Helen

I will switch off and see, if it happens again.

I heard that some problems in this TV are cleared unplugging from power outlet at nigth and plugging again next morning.

Anyway looks like a bit "peculiar" solution.

Regards Lui

here same problem with 42LF66 lcd tv

Last edited:
Since October did not happen again, looks like that resetting the error counter was effective.

Regards luisa

Did it last night unplugged the set and i did a factory reset and now ?

42LF66 problem is back called service center they com friday to collect the tv and repair it .nevr had such problems with a tv before:thumbsdow (when the screen is black ,backlight is off but when i press txt key teletext switch on and when i switch back to tv i have picture very strange.)

I feel your pain.

Had the same with the 37LG6000. Setup ok and then nothing, all within 24hours.

Thank goodness for extended warranties.

oh, they didn't fix it. just got a replacement. However, this unit now has vibration from the speakers on some channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom