1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

46WM48 Connection help needed

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bassett, Feb 2, 2005.

1. bassett

bassett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the semi-long post.

In anticipation of my new Tosh arrival I am trying to work out how best to hook it up to the rest of my kit. I am not very a/v literate.

I have an Eltax AVR800 amp which provides digital optical input for audio,
    composite audio/video in /out and svideo in (x2) and out (x1).

I have a Cambridge Audio D53 DVD which provides digital optical out for audio only, component output (Cr cb Y), svideo out and scart(RGB)

I also have a Telewest box (scart output only).

I think I'm correct in assuming the digital optical will be best for the audio (between DVD and AMP)?

It looks like the Tosh doesn't support component input so again I'm assuming scart from DVD and Telewest directly to the TV is the best solution for the video?

Therefore 2 (more) questions :-
    1. Any idea how I can get the audio from my Telewest box to the AMP. I think it has audio left/right ouputs but isn't this crap? Does anyone know if the audio from Telewest is 5.1 ?

2. Why would I want to put my video through the amp (i.e. why does it have composite video & svideo inputs/outputs)?

Please help - this is driving me mad :lease:

2. mrmoo

mrmoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The Tosh does have component input.

Phono audio to amp is OK for pro logic, if the STB doesn't have a digital link then forget 5.1 without 6 channel output.

Video out from amp for on screen display i.e. setup, run it into one of the AV's.