• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

46 uef5000 led problem

yan101

Established Member
hi all, i have the above mentioned tv, had it since november last year. I originally bought the 42 inch version but it had extremely bad dse and banding and the bezel at the front was loose. I took it back to currys (uk) after only 3 days, and after a discussion about my rights to return the set, i managed to get offered a refund or replacement. i paid a little extra for the 46 inch version. and when i got it home it was perfect. I used solid colours and panning videos to check for banding or clouding. None was present. Fast forward to today, i have a strange problem. In dark scenes the picture is perfect, no patchyness or backlight bleed, blacks are amazing. But during lighter scenes, say beige or grey, football or panning sky, i can see lighter coloured spots, they look like the led backlight shining brighter in certain areas. In typical viewing i cant really see them, such as blu ray movies etc. But when watching for example top gear, i can see them. There are around 4 in the middle in a row, and one on the left which is most prevelant. I can see it in every pre set picture setting, ans even with the backlight set to 0.

It has me baffled as i know you can usuall see this kind of screen anamoly on a black screen, but mine is in the lighter scenes.

any ideas on what it could be would be great. I have resolved myself to the fact that returning the tv wont get me anywhere, and i dont want to wait for a repair as i dont beleive it will come back any better, id just like to know what the hell it is.

Ill try and take some pictures this evening

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom