1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

46 Tosh RP - Digital Sound connection confusion!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Shady Deal, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Have a 46wh08b RP. very pleased with it and my AV connections are as follows:-

AV1 = RGB SKY Box

AV2 = S-Video Sony DVD Player

AV3 = Composite VCR

AV4 = Componet connection to XBOX (Microsoft genuine Lead)

My problem is with the optical/co-axial sound inputs. At the moment my Xbox is using the optical input and I have to mess about to plug the cable into the DVD player when I use it.

So I bought a co-axial lead to go from the DVD to the TV as there are both ttype of sound inputs on the back.

This has caused a problem!! As soon as I plug the Co-axial lead into the TV it disables the optical input!! Even just plugging tthe lead in and not connecting to anything does the same!! it's as though the TV has a setting that seems to be co-axial takes priority over optical.

a) Has anyone any idea how I can get this feature turned off??

b) Any further suggestions on how i can get around this??

P.S. I can only speak for Tosh RP but the picture from component is amazing even compared to RGB. Would recommend anyone with an X-box to get the genuine lead from USA. You won't be dissappointed!!

Thanks for any help

2. vegnomeat

vegnomeat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    with the tosh42wt29 you had to tell the set which digital audio input was attached to which scart input,

ie av3 uses optical input

av1 uses co ax input

its on the set up menu and quite easy to set

Wayne

3. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On mine you don't have the choice, you just have a option saying "Digital Input - Source"

I do not have the choice of what digital connection goes to what scart, just one digital "Global" connection to one scart?

Thanks