46" LED on breezeblock/thermalite mounting

diluxe

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a sony 46 LED tv , its weight is 20 Kg, & also bought this mount

Slimline - SLWS250/BK Medium/Large Ultra Slim Articulating Wall Mount - Peerless-AV Europe

its fixed in at only two points to the wall.

As my wall is dib & dab , which i understand to be plaster board straight onto breeze block, as it only has two fitting points, whats fixtures should i buy to ensure i have solid mount & what issues am i luckily to come up against.

many thanks

thanks Mark, i'm a total novice at this kind of stuff, do i need to ensure the opening on the bracket to pass the fixing through is of the required size to allow me to use M8? what size should the opening be?

The hole in the bracket only needs to be the size of the M8 fixing screws, so 8mm which it must be on such a big bracket.

The plastic plug is fitted in the wall, metal 'bolt' screwed in, then bracket screwed to it.

When you see one it is obvious how it works as is such a simple yet perfect design. :thumbsup:

Just measured the width of the hole and it looks around 6mm to me , could I buy 2 x m6 and 2 x m8 just to be on the safe side ? Also does the plastic plug go through the board so it's flush with the wall or does it stay flush with the plaster board ?

Last edited:
The M6's will be fine. The hole for the M8's will go straight through the breezeblock due to extra length, creating a blow-out and leaving less material to anchor into.

And the plug has a small flange that rests on (or pulls into, depending on your luck) the plasterboard.

If you have one, a rattle-gun makes driving in the steel insert a moments work - takes a bit of effort by hand!!

just get round to fixing my tv to the wall, the plastic plug supplied with the M6 i think says 12mm on, is this the size of drill bit i need to drill into the wall 1st to the push the plastic plug into?

It is a 12mm hole through the plasterboard and into the wall.
Then push the plastic plug in.
Screw in the long metal 'bolt' with an allen key into the plastic plug then mount the TV bracket with the M6 screws that are supplied with the rigifix.
You might need some washers if the holes in your bracket are larger than the heads of the screws.

Mark.

just ordered 6 M6 Rigifix fixings and it did state you require a 12mm drill bit.
Worked out at £1 each so if the work ill be over the moon

Worked great for me.

Just to add, I installed a 37 inch samsung on 4xm6 rigfix and a bracket. They held my weight no problem. Thanks for the Rigifix recommendation. Now for the rest of the home cinema....

Gutted i didnt see this earlier. Screwfix charge a fortune for these!!

can these also be used with brick walls or are they better with plasterboard?

im looking to fix my 50" plasma to the wall so want some good bolts, was thinking anchor bolts

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom