46"-55" 4K tv for gaming £650 budget

RepeatPiston

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Really struggling to find the right TV for myself. As mentioned in the title, looking for between 46" and 55" 4k, HDR would be nice but not necessary, would be used for Playstation Pro (4K) gaming for the majority and the occasional movie only. Viewing angle is dead on. Budget is up to around £650.

The ones that I have considered so far are:

Panasonic DX-700
Panasonic DX-750

Philips 55PUS6401

Hisense M7000

Sony XD80

Any suggestions which is the best for my needs or best value for money or are there any other TVs better suited? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

If I wasn't fussed about HDR, do you have any recommendations for a TV that I can use for 4K gaming? Similar budget.

Or, do you think good HDR would make a more noticeable than the difference from FHD to UHD for gaming?

A lot depends on how close you view and also your budget, you need to be a lot closer to the tv to benefit from UHD vs FHD. HDR on the other hand is beneficial regardless of where you sit, HDR also doesn't place as much of a demand on rendering as UHD does.

For example, most games now which are available in UHD can only render at UHD with reduced textures/frame rate. So if you want high frame rate and the best graphics its best sticking to FHD anyway. HDR although mainly only available on UHD TVs can be benefited from without any increase in resolution.

But it doesn't end there, you need to buy at least a Samsung KS7000/KS7500 to get decent HDR and at least a Panasonic DX-902 to get good HDR. Sadly these are a lot more expensive and although great deals can be found, especially the KS series Samsungs are hard to find now.

I would personally wait and save up 1k then look to buy something like a Sony XE90 which should be nearer the 1k mark around black friday onward, maybe even less by spring next year.

There is very little point spending less, but if you do, you will get limited HDR capabilities and be sure to view close enough. 1m is optimal for a 55" and 1.2m at 65".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom