46"-47" Best Choice under £630?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Jonathan1321, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jonathan1321

Jonathan1321
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I have have £630 to spend on a TV that I intend to use as my primary living room TV with also added use of a computer linked via HDMI for when the misses is asleep.

Because I intend to use a PC I assume I should rule Plasma out

Any help will be greatly appreciated as there are just too many choices and I want the best bang for my buck!

:lease:

2. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    For gaming and watching films on PC plasma is fine, for general PC use Id go LCD.

Welcome by the way:)

3. Jonathan1321

Jonathan1321
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Scooby2000

Scooby2000
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    That is a good price, have you seen one yet? If going LCD its worth asking about on the LCD owners threads, take a look at the review section too. Im not the best to advise on LCD models Im a plasma man and dont know all the pros and cons of individual LCD sets.:)
    There are multiple issues with edge lit LEDs at your budget so its best to demo and do as much research as you can. If gaming you may want to think about lag, if viewing in a dark room you want to think about back light bleed and clouding, if viewing in a bright room you may want a matt screen.

What Id do is make a list of what you want/need then go out, see what sets you like the look of. Then read any owners threads and reviews, ask questions on the owners threads or start your own thread in the LCD section, then go look some more.:)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012