1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

43vj22p

Discussion in 'TVs' started by satish_141, Jun 4, 2004.

1. satish_141

satish_141

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Few days ago I bought a new 43 inch 43VJ22P TV. The sound and picture quality is very nice despite the fact that it is a basic rear projection TV model from Toshiba with 50HZ scanning frequency. I am happy with the product. But the thing is, if I play a good DVD/VCD the picture quality is very nice, but when I watch the normal BBC channels the picture clarity isn't that good. I mean I see lot of spots on the TV. I am sure my ariel is working fine as I got this 43VJ22P as a replacement for my old 28" Sony TV. On that I remember that the BBC channels come very well, which confirms the fact that my antenna is fine. But I am not sure why the picture quality is not good on my rear projection TV. Is it because the TV has just 50Hz scanning frequency ? or do I need to change anything in the TV settings ? Please let me know. I am pretty sure that the TV is a good and it can deliver good picture as I am able to see a very clear picture when I use a DVD. Please clarify my doubt. If the channel reception isn't clear because of 50Hz, then can I upgrade my TV to 100Hz? I will be waiting for a quick response and help in the matter is appreciated.

Regards,

Satish

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What sort of spots do you have on your screen?

Can you see the raster lines in the convergency menu for the GREEN and RED CRT?

Your TV might need to tweak the mechanical or electronic focus.

3. satish_141

satish_141

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lizzard,

Thanks for your reply. I bought a new indoor TV arieal and now I am not getiting many spots when I see channel4, but I still can see very small sports for BBC1, BBC2 and ITV. Can you guess something ?

Regards,

Satish

4. satish_141

satish_141

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lizzard,

Yes,,,

I can you see the raster lines in the convergency menu for the GREEN and RED CRT.

How do I tweak the mechanical or electronic focus ? Can you please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Satish

5. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spots in the picture, sounds like "fungus" in the coolant.

There is a thread called "51WH36 Tweaks" where you can read about electronic focus.