43UP81006LA and 43UP81006LR What’s the Difference?

nheather

Distinguished Member
Looking at the 43" LG TV. See it is being sold as

43UP81006LA and 43UP81006LR

They are both on the LG website but so far I've been unable to spot the difference between the two.

Anyone know the differences between the LA and LR models - suspect it is going to be cosmetic - like the bezel colour?

I have found a general definition of the the model numbers but they just say that the last number is the 'design'.

I've seen it before where they have different stands, or different bezel colours, but I'm really struggling to see any difference in these two.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
Here is what I have found, although it is far from conclusive because I have seen both versions described ith the same bezel colour.

But I think that the bezel/frame on the LA is ashed blue and the on the LR is grey.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather

Distinguished Member
Ordered an LR from Richer Sounds.

This is what I have been told:-

First Richer Sounds told me that the LR has a headphone socket and the LA doesn’t, other than that there is no difference.

Then LG customer service admitted that they couldn’t see a difference but added that the headphone socket idea is untrue because they had stopped adding headphone sockets long ago. We’ll see when mine turns up.

Another Richer Sounds customer service agent told me that the only difference is internal, a change in processor chip because the original is unavailable due to the semiconductor shortage. This sounds plausible, though this is the second explanation that RS have used.

Cheers,

Nigel

hristoslav2

Nigel
Take a look at this post to see how the model code is read- A little lower are the UHD LCD models

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Nigel
Take a look at this post to see how the model code is read- A little lower are the UHD LCD models

That just tells me what I had already found that the last letter is ‘design’. It is some unspecified design difference, it may be something obvious like different stands or different bezel colours or something not obvious like different electronics inside.

In the past when I have bought LG TVs the difference has been plainly obvious. But with this one there is nothing apparent, nothing that is in the description and when I asked LG customer support they didn’t know either.

The most sensible suggestion I have heard came from Richer Sounds, that the ‘R’ uses a different processor chips because the original one from the ‘A’ can no longer be sourced.

Mind you, another Richer Sounds employee said that the ‘R’ has a headphone socket and the ‘A’ doesn’t. LG confirmed that was nonsense as they haven’t equipped TVs with headphone sockets for some years. This is probably down to a mistake in the RS product listing.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

Dee Cups

Banned
thinking of getting one of these in either a 50 or 55, it would be mainly used for watching freeview, so would it be worth going the extra £50 for the 55 inch or is the 50 all i'd need for the my main uses, with an occasional bit of Netflix

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor
That just tells me what I had already found that the last letter is ‘design’. It is some unspecified design difference, it may be something obvious like different stands or different bezel colours or something not obvious like different electronics inside.

In the past when I have bought LG TVs the difference has been plainly obvious. But with this one there is nothing apparent, nothing that is in the description and when I asked LG customer support they didn’t know either.

The most sensible suggestion I have heard came from Richer Sounds, that the ‘R’ uses a different processor chips because the original one from the ‘A’ can no longer be sourced.

Mind you, another Richer Sounds employee said that the ‘R’ has a headphone socket and the ‘A’ doesn’t. LG confirmed that was nonsense as they haven’t equipped TVs with headphone sockets for some years. This is probably done to a mistake in the RS product listing.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi there,

I saw your posts on this thread and wanted to take the opportunity to clarify.

According to the manufacturer, LR instead of LA simply denotes a running change. Although the LR series has a slightly different chipset to the LA series, the functionality and specifications are identical.

Please accept my sincere apologies that our website compare function suggested that the LR TVs featured a headphone socket, I can confirm that this is not the case and that the site has since been amended. I will also ensure that all this information is cascaded to our store colleagues to avoid any further incorrect information being unintentionally supplied.

I do hope this helps, should you or any forum user have any further questions please feel free to drop me a PM.

Many thanks

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Services
Richer Sounds

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom