43PUS8536 lip sync

Edgie70

Hi all, I got a new 43PUS8536 yesterday , connected it all up to sky+ hd and my soundbar and the lip sync is terrible , not just through the Sonos beam but also through the TV speakers ! So much that I can't use the lip sync correction in Sonos / TV or sky box settings to correct , it's about 2 seconds out !! Funny thing is is that after I reset it again itv1 was fine , changed to another channel and it was way out again , back to itv1 and that was way out too ! Tried audio pass through but that just made a distorted buzzing sound . My Samsung ue43nu7400 is now back being used with no lip sync issues at all using all same equipment and cables as the Phillips , anyone any ideas ? Thanks

Edgie70

Hi , I returned it , it's all over Google about lip sync issues with Phillips TVs , shame because picture was great and looked great too , tried hisense A7G ( two of them ) both had screen edge bleed ! Now got an LG pu8100lr , that's going back because pictures rubbish , too dark even with backlight on 100 ( IPS panel ) I'll order a Samsung au9000 tomorrow .

beastman

Standard Member
Hi , I returned it , it's all over Google about lip sync issues with Phillips TVs , shame because picture was great and looked great too , tried hisense A7G ( two of them ) both had screen edge bleed ! Now got an LG pu8100lr , that's going back because pictures rubbish , too dark even with backlight on 100 ( IPS panel ) I'll order a Samsung au9000 tomorrow .
thanks, yes the 43 inch size which I need, seems the most rubbish size for decent TV's. Were you using 5.1 sound? I've just seen this (see the last 2 posts), its old but it implies a fault with sky Lip sync issues - Philips Support

un1eash

Distinguished Member
Hi, did you have any back light bleed around the edges on the 43PUS8536? I've just picked one up for the bedroom and while it looks great it's got some minor bleed on black images.

Edgie70

Hi, did you have any back light bleed around the edges on the 43PUS8536? I've just picked one up for the bedroom and while it looks great it's got some minor bleed on black images.
Hi , not that I noticed, only had it turn on for an hour then I packed it away

HAM5ter84

Hi, I have 43pus8536 and not had any issues with it at all so far.

It is an MVA screen and work by others on the 8505 thread. That works on our 21 TVs as well as the ***5 - 2020 models. Difference is better panels Vs 2020 and HDMI 2.1.

Hope you find the attached document of use.

If you put your warm settings white balance from out the box then it put them in where it converts the settings for MVA. It should give you a decent base. No need to touch the Dolby settings. They are fine out the box.

I'd use ISF Day with Warm tweaked setting. Then ISF night for the cooler colour. On that I'd use custom colour setting.

Then your get a night and day setting sorted. I have it in the bedroom too.

Attachments

• mva_pus85_acerackham_whitebalance entered.xls
    32.2 KB · Views: 18

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom