Philips 43PUS7303 question

twoticks

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
having had philips ambilight for 13 yrs ,starting with the brilliant cineos, im getting more and more annoyed,
as reviews seem good ,and personally im not getting the best of what i thought i brought.
2018 saw a 43inch 6703 brought and returned. rubbish motion ,even with forum advice.
Currently a 43pus7303 does the job, but never quiet right. software updated so does that make it a 7353 now ?
again having followed forum guides, ive got a ok picture but,
green balance seems coloured in sometimes, with a hard to ignore green wash ,on blonde hair,
red is ok , but again not subtle depending on source.
The isf enhanced settings ,as offered on another thread have helped , especially with motion, but its still only a little better than a 13yr old 720p, in day to day living ,that doesnt require different settings for different inputs.
main source is sky q , which is fine on HD, but poor on SD, as if the service reduces quality on a whim.
VA or IPS ? how do i tell , as im not a technical wiz. i thought i brought a VA.

Would i benefit from selling off, to buy a 43pus7334 at £420, or ake a leap to the 55OLED754 at £1050 ?

edited -
solution found. i followed the isp set up listed elsewhere in the forum.
the exact set up must be done , and then the TV switch off n on again.
all seems great now. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would advise you to do is first calibrate your screen.
You say your main source is SkyHD. The AVS709 calibration disc will help you get the green wash from blonde hair. As devices to calibrate with go try and get a second hand sensor, I recently bought a Spyder3 for 50 quid. Not the best sensor ever but its good enough. Use ColorHCFR to calibrate with, if you cant find user guides send a reply and Ill look up what I used.

Then, once you have your screen set up properly and you still think the image is not good enough sell your TV and buy something else. I wouldn't go for a LCD based panel again. If money permits get a Philips OLED. I have a POS9002 and I'm very happy with it. If you want to get away from Philips get something in the LG B8, C8, B9 or C9 range. The jump from LCD to OLED is enormous.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom