1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

43MXE1 or 42PHD7?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Likvid, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Likvid

Likvid
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am torned between these two now.

I will buy a suitable scaler like Iscan HD+ to it or similar, maybe Lumagen if funds allows it.

What screen would you recommend and what are the pros and cons of both panels?

I have read the usermanual for the 43MXE1 but i can't see any mentioning about support for 720p/50Hz or 1080i/50Hz, however the 60Hz signals are listed.

As my DVD player is outputting the above signals i need to have a panel that supports it and where i won't notice any judder and such.

I really need some help regarding this as i am bit confused with all incompatiblity all over.....

2. Andyuk911

Andyuk911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have read on here that the 43MXE1 has no HDCP support(so Sky HD will be a problem) For the 42PHD7, the card does not support 50hz as you have listed. The new XR3 NEC might and new cards for the other two may come out to fix, but this is not clear yet.

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    There is supposedly a 3rd party board coming out to get round the HDCP problem on the MXE1, but it i wouldnt hold your breath.

4. Likvid

Likvid
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've heard that the MXE1 is better built than the Pannys, industrial quality?

Someone care to comment on that?